ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loudspeaker industry opinions  (Read 17140 times)

Jim McKeveny

Re: Loudspeaker industry opinions
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »

Anyone with a passing interest in Formula One will be very familiar with Ron Dennis: Coming second is being the first of the losers.

I happen to love F1 and Ron Dennis. I have often thought that live sound could benefit from technical competition and sponsorship.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2016, 12:53:35 PM »

Message to TJ Rogers: Cypress Semiconductor isn't either #1 or #2.
I also performed the processional at his wedding.  A certain Stones song that starts out with a women's choir.   ;D  His request.

Guy Graham

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2016, 11:03:43 AM »

I happen to love F1 and Ron Dennis. I have often thought that live sound could benefit from technical competition and sponsorship.

...which is rather ironic, as McLaren (with new power unit partner Honda) are still not looking very competitive, whilst Ron's financial demands have left them without a headline sponsor since the end of 2013!

However I think Ron et al are conducting themselves in a very gentlemanly fashion, despite their ongoing performance woes. I'm also very impressed by the current McLaren road cars - which seem far more sophisticated than the equivalent Ferrari models.

Sent from my GT-I8160

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »

Often comparing global recognition is not the best way to go either, as can just be a function of how well a brand has established a distribution network.

There are very few big world tours or shows in the world, where the PA in the air was the first choice. Its often the result of a shortlist coupled with whats available.

However, thats also not a bad reason to buy a PA either. At the end of the day, this is a business, and things like international availability really matter.

Most of the big speaker purchases you hear about werent made due to how they sounded. AED just bought 300 KS28 at PL&S. That wasn't based on extensive field tests. It was based on their evaluation of the market, its demand, and a bunch of other business-y non-audio qualities.
Needless to say, I'm sure its a great sounding product, but so are lots of subs...
Riedel Communications

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2016, 09:06:51 AM »

I associate good with consistent. L'acoustics, D&B, Meyer or Nexo make consistent products. If you like one of their products you like them all. JBL, EV or even Berhinger have made very good products (regardless of pricepoint), but they also made utter crap out of recycled milk-crates.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2016, 08:34:20 AM »

I associate good with consistent. L'acoustics, D&B, Meyer or Nexo make consistent products. If you like one of their products you like them all. JBL, EV or even Berhinger have made very good products (regardless of pricepoint), but they also made utter crap out of recycled milk-crates.

Companies primarily committed to extending the limits of tech tend to remain so over time.

Companies primarily committed to enhancing shareholder value tend to regress over time.

As it ever was.

Don't knock the milk crate.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2016, 08:34:20 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.