ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: SRX800p 12's or 15's  (Read 12968 times)

Scott Carneval

• Cenero Audio Visual
Re: SRX800p 12's or 15's
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2016, 11:39:11 am »

My property is probably not big enough and has trees surrounding it. We could find a good few hours one day to come on down. Let me know how your schedule looks and we have little wiggle room.....

BTW... Hubby's band is playing the Goodguys National Car Show at the State Fairgrounds this year on the 17th. Just in case you are free. Starts at 11.00am.

Weekends are usually better, but I could do one day during the week if that works better for you guys. Email me at scarneval 'at' avantsi.com and we'll set something up. 

I should be able to make it out to the show on the 17th. Are you bringing your system out, or is one provided?

Jay Marr

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2016, 12:20:31 pm »

I couldn't ever find IQ's or Siena's to demo and the time came to make a purchase and we went with the SRX812/SRX818. 

I was/am in the exact opposite situation.  The Turbo's happened to be available for Demo and I have not been able to find any place in Mass/NH that has an SRX812 in stock to listen to.  But the Turbo's sounded better than the other stuff I was able to listen to, so I'm giving them a run...

Another quick note.  My buddy got another pair of the iQ's as well as the Siera 12" (which has same components as iQ...but in a wood box), as well as the install version of these boxes (no handles or pole mount).
He (along with another FOH friend who was at the original shoot out), set them all up yesterday.
I was not able to go listen, but my two guys said the plastic box sounded better.  They did not like the sound of the wood boxes (which is obviously shocking to hear).

Just more info I have...so I'm passing along.
Not trying to prove to anyone that the Turbo's are great....just saying they may be worth a listen if you have the opportunity.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2016, 03:26:40 pm »

I was/am in the exact opposite situation.  The Turbo's happened to be available for Demo and I have not been able to find any place in Mass/NH that has an SRX812 in stock to listen to.  But the Turbo's sounded better than the other stuff I was able to listen to, so I'm giving them a run...

Another quick note.  My buddy got another pair of the iQ's as well as the Siera 12" (which has same components as iQ...but in a wood box), as well as the install version of these boxes (no handles or pole mount).
He (along with another FOH friend who was at the original shoot out), set them all up yesterday.
I was not able to go listen, but my two guys said the plastic box sounded better.  They did not like the sound of the wood boxes (which is obviously shocking to hear).

Just more info I have...so I'm passing along.
Not trying to prove to anyone that the Turbo's are great....just saying they may be worth a listen if you have the opportunity.

It is intriguing.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2016, 03:46:02 pm »

I have spent a few minutes at a time each day listening to some live demo tracks to get a feel for the difference between the 2 using live feed (.SRX812p and SRX815P). I had only vocals, guitar, bass and drums.
My conclusion is that the 15"s came to life a lot more with the live tracks.  The vocals sat back in the mix a bit more than with the 12's but still found their position adequately in the mix. The guitar sounded nice and warm through the 15"s but the snare cut through more with the 12's.
I still have not been able to wind them up to compare the differences at higher volumes but hopefully will be able to soon.

As a side note... I am really impressed with those PRX715xlf's that came with the 'deal'. I set up one of my PRX718xlfs and one of the 15"s and other than increasing an extra 3db on the gain level of the PRX715, I could not tell the difference between the 2!!!.. What an amazing little sub!.... They sounded the same to me. Couldn't check them too loud and it's harder with subs to comparel I know, but I switched back and forth and because they are omni, I didn't even hear the switch. DJ's might struggle to hit those very low frequencies but for live work, drums, bass, guitar etc... in small venues, these work.
I would suggest these for anyone who doesn't need the lower extension of an 18" and plays smaller venues -. Our 3 piece plays a particular venue that is very small - but great crowds and we are back there in a few weeks so I'll try them out. I'll couple them and put them through their paces.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2016, 03:46:02 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 23 queries.