ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Soft cases For stage lights...  (Read 5746 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Soft cases For stage lights...
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 10:02:23 PM »

This one may be better. A little larger. Again, great idea.

http://www.amazon.com/Road-Runner-RK5117-Keyboard-Bag/dp/B003HZQR7K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459383073&sr=8-1&keywords=rk5117

Yes - another contender....I looked it this one when I was shopping for mine.  I jumped on a good sale for mine ( I'm thinking I only paid $36) so that was the main deciding factor for me.   Also if you check Musicians Friend  reviews, a couple of folks comment on the handles ripping from the bags and I had read that somewhere else too....However, now I have owned this brand (in house brand - probably made by Gator or someone )... I can certainly vouch for them and would buy again.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 08:24:56 AM »

I use 76 key keyboard cases.  I cut some thick foam to add protection to the inside walls and they have been fantastic. Just make sure to straighten each fixture before you pack away and the case will stand up for you.
Debbie, I don't want to overstate this, but that idea is pure genius.  I have been looking for a solution like this for our small system lights and this is a great one.  Thanks for the post.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Jim Wells

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 08:39:35 AM »

Debbie, I don't want to overstate this, but that idea is pure genius.  I have been looking for a solution like this for our small system lights and this is a great one.  Thanks for the post.

Bill

It really is. I just ordered 2 of the road runner cases last night, only because they're slightly larger. I love this place!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »

Bill

Thanks Bill... It's good to know I gave back a little something after all the wonderful advice and help I have received here.
I used to own some Chauvet slim pars and wanted to keep them connected on the light bar at all times for quickness so I used an old bass guitar case as they were thinner. I stole an old bass case of hubby's and ripped out the form inside and lined it with foam. When I purchased the Blizzards, however, they no longer fit inside a bass case so I scratched my head a bit - wanting to use a similar method of transport at low cost and came up with a keyboard case.

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 09:34:41 AM »

It really is. I just ordered 2 of the road runner cases last night, only because they're slightly larger. I love this place!

Good news Jim - I'm pleased you liked the idea!. I hope the Road Runners work out well... I don't suppose there is much difference between the two brands in all honesty so if these give you a bit more room- good for you. Let us know how It works out.

Steve Garris

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 12:53:55 PM »

Bill

Agreed! I hadn't thought about keyboard cases when I was looking. The $100 unit I found was a little too much. I'm going to measure my light bars today and consider getting these keyboard cases.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 12:53:55 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.