ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Soft cases For stage lights...  (Read 5706 times)

Jim Wells

Soft cases For stage lights...
« on: March 30, 2016, 10:30:51 AM »

I have searched the internet to try and find some soft cases I can use to transport my lights and keep them mounted on the bar. On each 48" bar, I have 4 flat LED lights and cables,etc. The minimum width would be about 49-50" and the height needs to be 16" or so. I hang them in my trailer now but I worry about the constant bumps, etc. Any ideas? Thanks!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Soft cases For stage lights...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:58:07 AM »

I have searched the internet to try and find some soft cases I can use to transport my lights and keep them mounted on the bar. On each 48" bar, I have 4 flat LED lights and cables,etc. The minimum width would be about 49-50" and the height needs to be 16" or so. I hang them in my trailer now but I worry about the constant bumps, etc. Any ideas? Thanks!

I use 76 key keyboard cases. The soft Musicians gear ones run only $45 - mine were on sale. I cut some thick foam to add protection to the inside walls and they have been fantastic. Just make sure to straighten each fixture before you pack away and the case will stand up for you. The hard cases are heavy and expensive but are another option. I find the soft ones work fine for my purposes.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-76-key-keyboard-gig-bag?rNtt=76%20keyboard%20case&index=11
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 10:59:17 AM »

How about the T Stand cases for the legs ?   is this large enough ?

Steve Garris

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:49:03 PM »

Thanks for that link Debbie, those look great.

When I was looking, this is all I could find:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I1YYEY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1ZA0LKMGHFMHQ&coliid=I4QHKYTFZP0CN

Art Nadelman

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:27:40 PM »

I use 76 key keyboard cases. The soft Musicians gear ones run only $45 - mine were on sale. I cut some thick foam to add protection to the inside walls and they have been fantastic. Just make sure to straighten each fixture before you pack away and the case will stand up for you. The hard cases are heavy and expensive but are another option. I find the soft ones work fine for my purposes.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-76-key-keyboard-gig-bag?rNtt=76%20keyboard%20case&index=11

How are the zippers on this case?  That's what always breaks on my other bags.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 04:45:16 PM »

Thanks for that link Debbie, those look great.

When I was looking, this is all I could find:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I1YYEY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1ZA0LKMGHFMHQ&coliid=I4QHKYTFZP0CN

You are welcome Steve...Those ones you link to are nice if you have to transport the lights on their backs but if having them upright works, the ones I use are perfect. That is why i mentioned just straightening them up after the show before they go into the case ( tighten up the bolts a little too) and that way, the case will stand up. The price helps a bit too - right???
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 04:49:39 PM »

How are the zippers on this case?  That's what always breaks on my other bags.

So far so good- no breaks yet. I am always careful when I use any zips on cases. I have had a couple of On Stage Stands speaker bag zips bust on me but these have been fine. To be honest, if the zips broke on these, I'd attach velcro or just a couple of straps and continue using them They are quite hard wearing too - no  holes or rips yet. I got them about 18 months ago and either both of mine or one has been used almost every weekend.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 05:01:15 PM »

I suggest using a piece of thick foam or cardboard or something to reinforce the bottom and protect the lamps. Fortunately I have a huge roll of dense foam that I have been cutting pieces off for years!!

I also keep pigtail iec and DMX cables attached to the bar so I can just drop the roll of cables from the velcro strap (which you can see in the photo) and wind up my stand to the height I want to get the stand up and out of the way. I then concentrate on wiring in the PA and can go back to connect the lights that are already in position...just another time saving tip....

Jim Wells

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 06:44:42 PM »

I suggest using a piece of thick foam or cardboard or something to reinforce the bottom and protect the lamps. Fortunately I have a huge roll of dense foam that I have been cutting pieces off for years!!

I also keep pigtail iec and DMX cables attached to the bar so I can just drop the roll of cables from the velcro strap (which you can see in the photo) and wind up my stand to the height I want to get the stand up and out of the way. I then concentrate on wiring in the PA and can go back to connect the lights that are already in position...just another time saving tip....

Thanks, Deb. Great idea.

Jim Wells

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 08:11:45 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 26 queries.