ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interfacing 2 Way Radios with IEMs  (Read 7026 times)

Charlton Combs

Re: Interfacing 2 Way Radios with IEMs
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 07:49:12 PM »

On Katy Perry they used a simpler solution.  There was a cue channel on TB mix for in ears that all crew and show managers had.  A radio listen only was mixed into the ear mix.  No transmitting back from the TB mix via radios because they were listening in IEM.  They just talked only on that radio channel into the TB mix and didn't bother to listen to the radio at all.

This was actually my original plan, but every now and then my Tour Manager will get out of range for his IEMs to work (even with my helical for stage/omni backstage for green rooms approach) so I do need our talks to go back to the radio. This whole system is mainly to keep him in the loop of everything.

Thank you guys so much for contributing to this!

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 03:20:54 AM »

Remember that the helical is pretty narrow: Put your eye 12" behind the backplane and look through the barrel - if you can see it, you will broadcast to it.

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »

This was actually my original plan, but every now and then my Tour Manager will get out of range for his IEMs to work (even with my helical for stage/omni backstage for green rooms approach) so I do need our talks to go back to the radio. This whole system is mainly to keep him in the loop of everything.

Thank you guys so much for contributing to this!
Remember that with simplex radios nobody will be able to answer back on while somebody else is talking.
If something goes apeshit and everybody starts talking your TM cannot aknowledge a message.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:41:53 PM by Jens Palm Bacher »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.