ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown I-techs on Danleys  (Read 5906 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Crown I-techs on Danleys
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 12:39:04 PM »

I'm guessing Mike is thinking "2-wide" on the SM80.

Eric brings a good suggestion about delay speakers and it has merit.  It's going to be very loud up front if you try to make it 200'.  While the Danley boxes "hold together" nicely they don't have a way of negating the inverse square law (yet, anyway).  Clear sound is good but it's got to get above the crowd buzz in the back of the room without nailing the folks up front.

Yes, if Tamar is thinking of arraying the SM80s, 2 wide would be the only practical arrangement I can think of. But it would not be appropriate for the space he's trying to cover, and I doubt that even a very high ceiling would make the 80 degree conical pattern of the SM80 effective at over 200' indoors without some ear-bleeding levels up front. Delays would be okay, but maybe not practical depending on the event. If I had to cover the room from one wall I would look for some narrower patterned horns aimed high to reach the far wall combined with front fill, or columns, or (gasp) line array.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 12:50:21 PM »

Yes, if Tamar is thinking of arraying the SM80s, 2 wide would be the only practical arrangement I can think of. But it would not be appropriate for the space he's trying to cover, and I doubt that even a very high ceiling would make the 80 degree conical pattern of the SM80 effective at over 200' indoors without some ear-bleeding levels up front. Delays would be okay, but maybe not practical depending on the event. If I had to cover the room from one wall I would look for some narrower patterned horns aimed high to reach the far wall combined with front fill, or columns, or (gasp) line array.

I don't know the ceiling height.....The tops and subs would be seperated

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »

...While the Danley boxes "hold together" nicely they don't have a way of negating the inverse square law (yet, anyway).
They're halfway there with the GH60, at least for not killing the folks up front while getting sound to the rear.

John R.
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 3.643 seconds with 23 queries.