ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small powered sub ideas?  (Read 9494 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Small powered sub ideas?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 08:19:14 AM »

Just a few things about the Yorkville LS801p. I have the LS801pb's and measured them outside. The have a flat response if the shape is set on "Loud". If on set on "Deep" they have quite a boost around 53 hz or so. Some may call this boomy. Also the built in high cut seems to be staggered pole as it has a gradual drop then a steeper one. Even on 90hz it has quite a bit of 150 hz output. In the pictures.

1. Crossover settings on the back during measurements.
2. Response with sub set to loud
3. Response with sub set to deep
4. Response with a 5.5 db cut at 53 hz with a parametric eq set with a Q of 6.3
5. Eq used to get a 6db down point of 38hz. (sounds very good)

Over all the Yorkville is a high output sub that sounds good if used correctly. I find the gradual high freq roll off may be the boomy sound some talk about. Use a high cut filter on your board to take some of this out. I do ;-)

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 08:21:23 AM »

Just a few things about the Yorkville LS801p. I have the LS801pb's and measured them outside. The have a flat response if the shape is set on "Loud". If on set on "Deep" they have quite a boost around 53 hz or so. Some may call this boomy. Also the built in high cut seems to be staggered pole as it has a gradual drop then a steeper one. Even on 90hz it has quite a bit of 150 hz output. In the pictures.

Over all the Yorkville is a high output sub that sounds good if used correctly. I find the gradual high freq roll off may be the boomy sound some talk about. Use a high cut filter on your board to take some of this out. I do ;-)

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 08:22:27 AM »

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2016, 08:22:58 AM »

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2016, 03:33:34 PM »

Why I posted the above is if you have or have available a set of yorkvilles you can get the same response or slightly better than the QSC subs just using the deep setting with an eq cut at 53hz.
QSC spec's 6 dbs down at 40hz. 10 dbs down at 37hz.
Yorkville's will give you 6dbs down at 38 hz maybe 10dbs down at around 33hz or so.
Splitting hairs I know but the QSC subs would be at best just a step sideways.

http://www.qsc.com/live-sound/products/loudspeakers/powered-subwoofers/kw181/

Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2016, 03:33:34 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.