ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Hanging Speakers  (Read 15425 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Hanging Speakers
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 07:43:38 PM »

... it's sad that you think kids don't deserve a well deployed/designed sound system.
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 09:17:44 PM »

... it's sad that you think kids don't deserve a well deployed/designed sound system.
That is a common thought and often practiced.

"It's just the kids"------

YEAH, but if you want to keep them coming to Church, they need to feel special.  After all their attention span is shorter.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 10:05:46 PM »

They don't even deserve capital letters and puntuation in Lindsay's world.  He mst be one of those "good enough" people. 

One of our company values is to exceed the clients expectations in every interaction. 

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 10:14:03 PM »

They don't even deserve capital letters and puntuation in Lindsay's world.  He mst be one of those "good enough" people. 

One of our company values is to exceed the clients expectations in every interaction. 

Yeah..... apparently I need to "lighten up."  ::)

And "sometimes you just want something that will work ok for the time being" -- yeah, it could work, until the non-rated rigging/etc fails. Then your kids get to see how good their faith really is... and that's not fun.

Either way-- regardless of the audience (a youth room or whatever) it isn't up to US to decide what a "critical listening environment" is -- that's for the OP to decide. It's presumptuous for us to want to place our feelings or values onto someone else. What's important to one person (other then electrical or rigging safety and best practices, of course!) isn't necessarily important to others!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 10:39:09 PM »

Yeah..... apparently I need to "lighten up."  ::)

And "sometimes you just want something that will work ok for the time being" -- yeah, it could work, until the non-rated rigging/etc fails. Then your kids get to see how good their faith really is... and that's not fun.

Either way-- regardless of the audience (a youth room or whatever) it isn't up to US to decide what a "critical listening environment" is -- that's for the OP to decide. It's presumptuous for us to want to place our feelings or values onto someone else. What's important to one person (other then electrical or rigging safety and best practices, of course!) isn't necessarily important to others!

-Ray
I am not implying snobery.  I think that the client deserves the best we can do at every price point.  With proper placement and a little tuning even a JRX can sound acceptable.

It also seems that people are more willing to spend money on better gear than proper installation and tuning.  Particularly at the low end when the cost of setup exceeds the actual hardware.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2016, 10:48:41 PM »

I am not implying snobery.  I think that the client deserves the best we can do at every price point.  With proper placement and a little tuning even a JRX can sound acceptable.

It also seems that people are more willing to spend money on better gear than proper installation and tuning.  Particularly at the low end when the cost of setup exceeds the actual hardware.

Oh, totally agreed-- it was Lindsay who said "lighten up," which I think was directed towards me.

My annoyance stems from Lindsay saying that a youth room setup doesn't serve the best possible sound just because they're kids. =-\ I felt that to try and tell someone that their opinion (regarding their specific situation) about what's important or not isn't cool.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

David Allred

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 06:50:55 AM »

Oh, totally agreed-- it was Lindsay who said "lighten up," which I think was directed towards me.

My annoyance stems from Lindsay saying that a youth room setup doesn't serve the best possible sound just because they're kids. =-\ I felt that to try and tell someone that their opinion (regarding their specific situation) about what's important or not isn't cool.

-Ray

I read Lindsay's comment not as "They're kids, they don't need / deserve good sound", but rather "They're kids, they could care less about the sound.  As long as it is loud and they have their phones, all is peachy".

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 08:18:25 AM »

One of the discussions I have seen on the home theater side is that the younger generations have been accepting of lower resolution MP3 and cheap ear buds with less ability.  So when they get to hear a system with greater quality they feel the price is not worth the sound.  Getting it Louder is sometimes what they want as opposed to sounding the Best.   

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 09:32:06 AM »

My point wasn't specifically about that this is for a youth room- but rather that Lindsay isn't the OP. And for him (her? Sorry, I don't know your gender, and "Lindsay" can go either way) to declare that the OP's situation isn't a "critical listening environment" is where I take offense.

It'd be like someone coming in, "I am doing a non-profit show, and here's what I have to work with, and I'm volunteering, etc etc" and us blowing them off because "Well, hell, you're not getting paid, so they get what they get, why put a lot of effort into it?"

Youth room or not, the OP has come here looking for help to fix 'something' in her setup and deployment, and it's not fair to make brush off statements implying that her setup doesn't need to sound good.

Thanks,

Ray
Kelcema Audio

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 11:14:51 AM »

nobody said it doesn't have to sound Good but sometimes you have to deal with the equipment you have.
 thanks
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 11:14:51 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.