ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Your Hearing' webinar  (Read 1875 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
'Your Hearing' webinar
« on: March 14, 2016, 12:08:00 pm »

I just listened to the 'Your Hearing' webinar presented by Shure. Very interesting stuff mentioned. Apparently the recording of the session is available at Shure.com/training. I recommend everyone finds the time to listen to it - just one hour long.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

David Simpson

Re: 'Your Hearing' webinar
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 02:11:52 pm »

I listed to the webinar as well. I agree 100%. Lots of good info. They correct a good deal of misinformation and assumptions out there.

~Dave

Jack Kontney

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 12:00:13 pm »

I heard it as well. The seminar guest was Dr. Michael Santucci of Sensaphonics. He has spent his career trying to help us keep our hearing health. Lots of great info.

I just checked the Shure site and it's not available yet, but I'm told it will be soon.

Bryan French

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:48:19 pm »

The webinar is now available here. Thank's for posting this so I could keep an eye out for it. Great information!

-Bryan

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 07:26:08 pm »

Great webinar.  Now nobody will understand me when I say "tinnitus"  ;)

One thing they didn't address is that IEMs have significantly less attenuation at low frequencies.  And so the levels needed at the ear to overcome ambient levels can still be excessive.  This is probably greatest with loud rock bands on small bar stages where there's a loud drummer or an SVT in close proximity.

Jack Kontney

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 06:41:44 pm »

Separate but related:
New hearing wellness article from Dr. Santucci of Sensaphonics is now posted to PSW:

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/the_science_of_hearing_wellness_the_doctor_is_in/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.