ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP5D, RH?  (Read 5424 times)

Art Williams

DSP5D, RH?
« on: March 13, 2016, 09:37:28 PM »

Hey I have PM5Ds non RH, if I connect a DSP5D, will it now be RH?...if someone comes up with a memory stick for a RH, will this work? Or will I have to SAFE routing and HA?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: DSP5D, RH?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 10:56:26 PM »

Hey I have PM5Ds non RH, if I connect a DSP5D, will it now be RH?...if someone comes up with a memory stick for a RH, will this work? Or will I have to SAFE routing and HA?

No, no, and it won't matter. In that order.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Art Williams

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »

No, no, and it won't matter. In that order.
so I can't set a non RH console to grab RH settings from a DSP5D

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 11:08:55 PM »

so I can't set a non RH console to grab RH settings from a DSP5D

Some settings will work, some will not when recalled from the stick.  I don't recall ever being able to transfer settings between 5Ds though.

The DSP5D has no mic inputs, only Mini-YDAGI card slots.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 11:32:38 PM »

The DSP5D has no mic inputs, only Mini-YDAGI card slots.

No, the DSP5D is a 5D-RH without a control surface. Even though it has recallable HAs I don't think it will operate from a non-RH surface in a way that completely appears as a 5D. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't accept that as a 5D-RH substitute.

Sell it all and get a CL-5.

Mac

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
DSP5D, RH?
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 07:50:20 AM »

No, the DSP5D is a 5D-RH without a control surface. Even though it has recallable HAs I don't think it will operate from a non-RH surface in a way that completely appears as a 5D. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't accept that as a 5D-RH substitute.

Sell it all and get a CL-5.

Mac

I sure though there would be numerous numerous people with more experience with this... But I have loaded many 5D-RH shows from a DSP5D and it does behave just like a 5D-RH on a 5D-non RH.  It is 95% of the same experience as a RH on a non-RH desk with the difference being a change in sound quality...IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 09:25:08 AM »

If a DSP5D fell in your lap it may be worth the hack for shits 'n' giggles, but any 5D is big, heavy, and old. Spending time (which is worth WAY more than money) to essentially "do things wrong", has a pretty short value set. There is a world of difference between "I've got it!" and "I can get it for you."

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:51:14 AM »

I sure though there would be numerous numerous people with more experience with this... But I have loaded many 5D-RH shows from a DSP5D and it does behave just like a 5D-RH on a 5D-non RH.  It is 95% of the same experience as a RH on a non-RH desk with the difference being a change in sound quality...IMO.

That's using the PM5D as a remote control surface for the DSP5d, correct?

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 10:22:59 AM »

Yes. I assumed that was the original question as the OP stated he had a 5D non RH

Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 10:34:04 AM »

Yes. I assumed that was the original question as the OP stated he had a 5D non RH

The phrasing of the original question didn't (to me, anyway) seem to ask about remote controlling the DSP5D.  Oh well.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 10:34:04 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.