ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser reciever  (Read 3311 times)

stuhughes2

Sennheiser reciever
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:54:07 AM »

Hi, I have a seinheiser ew100 wireless microphone, it's about 10 years old. I was wandering if I could use my same reciever with any model of Sennheiser microphones ie the new wireless 935. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Sennheiser reciever
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:55:54 PM »

Hi, I have a seinheiser ew100 wireless microphone, it's about 10 years old. I was wandering if I could use my same reciever with any model of Sennheiser microphones ie the new wireless 935. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The new mic has to be in the same freq band as the receiver.
Look at the back or bottom of your receiver and see what band it is. It may be a letter such as "A" or "C".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »

And for the most part, a first generation Sennheiser will be compatible with a new one, like Rob said.

After ensuring you have the correct frequency, keep in mind that certain features (like pilot tone, or sending the battery level to the receiver) won't be available on your older receiver.

I've got a G1 bodypack/receiver combo, and have used it successfully with G3 units. Just not in a long, long time... maybe I should sell it... haha.

If you're buying used, watch out for A2, B2, or G2 (By the way, C frequencies are in the 700MHz range and can NOT be used legally in the United States anymore) -- the 2-variants on the frequency set have a different internal spread of available frequencies, as they were released right around the time that the G3 line was introduced so Sennheiser could closely match the existing bands quickly. They do work together, you'll just find different preset groups on the unit. (So it's harder to mix and match standard and -2 frequency group variants.)

Hope that made sense. :)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 26 queries.