ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help from SRX800P users- HIQNET  (Read 37232 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Need help from SRX800P users- HIQNET
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 01:58:05 PM »

What do you have the input sensitivity set to?  I was having the same problem as you with the output of a  Presonus board into my 835's, so I switched the input to the "Consumer" setting and it gave me the proper gain.

There are no input options in the sub - just the tops.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 01:59:18 PM »

Thanks Tim...

Well... I 'stole' hubbys work computer and I am in !! yay!!

Now i am struggling to work it all out. The software discovered the sub AND shows it in the room layout. However, when i choose the compressor window, it displays (offline) in the title. How will i know if the settings have been accepted by the actual sub??

And do I need to change anything else?

You need to go "online."  I don't think you need to "associate" anything.  I've been using Audio Architect and the workflow is different so I'm reluctant to give step by step advice.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 02:14:39 PM »

You need to go "online."  I don't think you need to "associate" anything.  I've been using Audio Architect and the workflow is different so I'm reluctant to give step by step advice.
I missed checking one of the option boxes going in - i checked that and now i am online.

Now i have the compressor window open and I'm unsure which settings to choose so that
1) I have increased the gain make-up sufficiently without gong too crazy and
2) keep a limiter on so that I have some protection.

Do you have any suggestions??
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 02:15:21 PM »

This is a little outside of my comfort level so please be patient with me....

Steve Garris

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 02:45:50 PM »

This is a little outside of my comfort level so please be patient with me....

See Luke's comments on page one of this thread. You might want to send him a PM:
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,158314.0.html

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 02:56:22 PM »

See Luke's comments on page one of this thread. You might want to send him a PM:
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,158314.0.html

Ironically Steve, I sent him a PM a few moments ago. He is offline right now.

BTW.. I worked out the on off button thing... the little comp box in the main window goes blue when on.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 03:02:45 PM »

BTW.. I worked out the on off button thing... the little comp box in the main window goes blue when on.

However.... I hadn't seen this thread you linked to. I had read all his other posts.
So it seems Luke no longer uses this method at all.... interesting. So other than setting the output at full tilt, he does nothing else other than setting the limiter for protection.

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »

Harman doesn't offer Audio Architect for Mac..... Un- be- friggin- lievable!

I have a virtual copy of windows running in my mac (using virtualbox) when I need to use audio architect and a few other windows only apps.
If you have a copy of windows already then you might not need to buy that new PC.
Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 11:19:14 AM »

I have a virtual copy of windows running in my mac (using virtualbox) when I need to use audio architect and a few other windows only apps.
If you have a copy of windows already then you might not need to buy that new PC.

Thanks Callan- good to know -I wound up using my husbands work PC - so I have the download right now. He will delete it though as soon as he realizes I used his PC for this so I will need an alternative.

Steve Garris

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 01:22:29 PM »

Can you advise me on what you're trying to balance? Do you have (2) 815's and (1) dual 18 sub? Are you using all of the standard factory settings for the components you have? I'm curious because I plan on purchasing a pair of 815's this summer.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 01:22:29 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.