ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help from SRX800P users- HIQNET  (Read 36960 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Need help from SRX800P users- HIQNET
« on: March 05, 2016, 11:43:12 AM »

Today I finally planned to play with the SRX software so I have my SRX speakers set up in the garage and I have my laptop connected to the SRX828 right now. The Audio Arxhitect software has recognized the speaker. However, I am stuck and cannot work out how to go any further. I thought I'd be able to drag the SRX828 across to the area on the right to configure my settings but not working. What am I doing wrong?

Just to add... I already had the Audio Architect downloaded to my laptop from a couple of years ago when I used it with my XTI series amps so I haven't downloaded anything from Harman website today.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Need help from SRX800P users- HIQNET
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 11:55:59 AM »

Well Debbie, you just answered your own question. If your version of the software was made before your speaker was made... It won't work. Also check so see if your speaker is listed in the comprehensive device tree on the left under JBL. My guess is that it will not be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »

Well Debbie, you just answered your own question. If your version of the software was made before your speaker was made... It won't work. Also check so see if your speaker is listed in the comprehensive device tree on the left under JBL. My guess is that it will not be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks David- I started to come to that conclusion. I'll download newer software....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 12:21:12 PM »

So I am stumped.... My old laptop doesn't have the running speed to download the software and Harman doesn't offer Audio Architect for Mac..... Un- be- friggin- lievable!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »

As I only have access to SRX Connect (till I spring for a new pc - ouch).... is there any way to increase the db of the sub ?  (which is what I am trying to do with the compressor trick).... I find - like everyone else -that I run out of sub steam with the presets at factory compared to the tops. Turning the tops down doesn't accomplish enough as I have to send such high levels from the mixer to get close to where I need to be. I don't need much - maybe 9-12db.....?????

Perhaps using the EQ???

Jay Marr

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 12:52:45 PM »

I don't have the SRX-800 series so I can't check this....but what about downloading their 'Band Manager' software.
I couldn't download the Audio Architect on an older machine of mine, but I could download 'Band Manager'.
Band Manager does connect to some of the same devices as Audio Architect, so wondering if you could connect to your SRX's and get to more of the controls?  Just thinking out loud...

And/or try a slightly older version of Audio Architect?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »

I don't have the SRX-800 series so I can't check this....but what about downloading their 'Band Manager' software.
I couldn't download the Audio Architect on an older machine of mine, but I could download 'Band Manager'.
Band Manager does connect to some of the same devices as Audio Architect, so wondering if you could connect to your SRX's and get to more of the controls?  Just thinking out loud...

And/or try a slightly older version of Audio Architect?

I'll take a look at Band Manager......I already have the slightly older version of AA which only required 32 bit to run..... doesn't include the newer SRX speakers.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 01:26:52 PM »

I'll take a look at Band Manager......I already have the slightly older version of AA which only required 32 bit to run..... doesn't include the newer SRX speakers.

Band Manager only works with Crowns XTI and XTI *002 amps.  It will not see or access the amps in your STX speakers.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 01:46:13 PM »

Band Manager only works with Crowns XTI and XTI *002 amps.  It will not see or access the amps in your STX speakers.

Thanks Tim...

Well... I 'stole' hubbys work computer and I am in !! yay!!

Now i am struggling to work it all out. The software discovered the sub AND shows it in the room layout. However, when i choose the compressor window, it displays (offline) in the title. How will i know if the settings have been accepted by the actual sub??

And do I need to change anything else?

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »

What do you have the input sensitivity set to?  I was having the same problem as you with the output of a  Presonus board into my 835's, so I switched the input to the "Consumer" setting and it gave me the proper gain.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.