ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workbench RF History plot  (Read 5235 times)

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
Workbench RF History plot
« on: March 04, 2016, 10:45:30 AM »

Hi everybody.

Workbench question here... It seems (in my system) that RF History plot always shows both antennas RF signal at the same level - as if there were no diversity.

I see two colors is the sidebar for the receiver A and B antennas but the lines are always one on top of the other.

I have two antennas, separated enought so I should see the hills and valleys of RF signal as mics roam around, shouldn't I?

Cheers,

D

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Jordan Wolf

Re: Workbench RF History plot
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 08:18:07 PM »

I've seen this before and question it also. Haven't had time to play around with different setups.

- Jordan Wolf
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:33:35 AM »

Shure ULX-D or QLX-D? Those only have one receiver per channel. The diversity switching happens before the receiver, and because there is only one receiver there is only one source of RF level data to show.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:10:54 AM »

Workbench question here... It seems (in my system) that RF History plot always shows both antennas RF signal at the same level - as if there were no diversity.
I see two colors is the sidebar for the receiver A and B antennas but the lines are always one on top of the other.
I have two antennas, separated enought so I should see the hills and valleys of RF signal as mics roam around, shouldn't I?

What rx are you using?  Digital systems have only one path to measure since, as it has been pointed out, the diversity switching is before the RX. Here is my test with a UHF-R and it had both antennas.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:01:40 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Diogo Nunes Pereira

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 11:49:22 PM »

Shure ULX-D or QLX-D? Those only have one receiver per channel. The diversity switching happens before the receiver, and because there is only one receiver there is only one source of RF level data to show.
ULX-D in deed. Thanks for the info. D

Enviado desde mi XT1072 mediante Tapatalk

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Diogo Nunes Pereira

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 11:50:51 PM »

What rx are you using?  Digital systems have only one path to measure since, as it has been pointed out, the diversity switching is before the RX. Here is my test with a UHF-R and it had both antennas.

Thanks for the reply Pete. And also thank you for the time you take into making these videos. Cheers. Diogo

Enviado desde mi XT1072 mediante Tapatalk

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 09:14:46 AM »

ULX-D in deed. Thanks for the info. D

You're welcome. Your discussion here is the reason I now know why there are two available colors for the traces. I've only ever used USX-D on WWB, so I had no idea what that second color was for. Thank you.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Mike Kahrs

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 08:14:23 PM »

You could measure your antennas one at a time when using ULX-D during set-up.  Good to know each antenna's coverage, and that they're both working.

RF History plot is very useful, and I keep it open on a separate monitor at all times during show.  Hate to say it, but saving the plot to your PC might help CYA in certain situations.  I think it will record eight hours max.
Why know when you can guess...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 08:14:23 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.