ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video issues  (Read 4142 times)

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
Video issues
« on: February 27, 2016, 01:12:15 AM »

Need a little help figuring something out.  I've working with about ten sources feeding fifteen monitors around a bingo hall.  For budgetary reasons, we're reusing some old Extron equipment (MAV1616 and a MCP 1000) all using base-band/composite video.  They have a mix of slightly older RCA flat panels along with some brand new Vizios.  Two of my inputs are a close up camera shot of the next bingo ball selected, that switch with a verification graphic (blue screen with white lettering) generated by the bingo machines.  This switch is takes place in the machine, prior to going into the Extron matrix.  The camera shots look fine, but when it switches to the graphic, the RCAs display it fine, while the Vizios display it for about a half a second and then go black.  Switch it back to the camera and they're all fine again.  The issue is exactly the same on both bingo machines.  All the other inputs work great.  I'm stymied.  They can return the TVs, but I need to identify the problem and be able to tell them what they need to get.  Happy to provide any additional information if you need it. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:37:41 PM by Lee Douglas »
This space for rent

John Daniluk (JD)

Re: Video issues
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:40:47 AM »

look to see if there is a format change to the Vizios,  they may be trying to change to the new format.  Sounds like they are trying to sync to the new signal and when it can not get the proper sync/format they revert to black to keep from flashing/rolling screen.  patch an older tv into the send for the Vizios and see if works.  I have had some interesting/weird issues with switchers and formats. 

good luck

jd

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 12:28:02 PM »

the RCAs display it fine, while the Vizios display it for about a half a second and then go black. 

Thanks for the response.  Yep, we did that, although it took a couple of hours messing around with anything and everything before the monitors to narrow it to just the new Vizios!  I tried reducing the video output(s) to the matrix from those two sends but that just messed up the cam quality.  Again, we are using baseband video, so I wouldn't expect there be any sort of format change.  The matrix I'm using has vertical interval switching, but of course there is no gen lock on the bingo desk.  So what can I do to fix this?

*Afterthought; the composite video input does share the H/V sync on green input of a component input, but has a dedicated input selection for A/V with a separate selection for component video.  I don't know if it's relevant, just pieced of the puzzle.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:31:52 PM by Lee Douglas »
This space for rent

John Daniluk (JD)

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 12:02:27 PM »

I have no idea.....usually I will lay a test cable from the originating source to the video display bypassing everything to see if that works.  I have found bad everything, cables, distribution devices, connectors, etc, using this method.   

I feel for you...

jd

John Daniluk (JD)

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 12:03:40 PM »

ps....when you find it, it will be something stupid and simple

jd

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 12:03:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.