ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RME MADIface and Avid Profile.  (Read 2618 times)

Al Rettich

RME MADIface and Avid Profile.
« on: March 12, 2016, 03:05:56 PM »

So a long time ago, I know there was a way to utilize the Digico, UB MADI to record tracks from your Avid Profile to a record computer. I'm 99% sure there is a way to use the RME MADIface the same way, but can you also use it as a playback source for virtual soundcheck?

MikeHarris

Re: RME MADIface and Avid Profile.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 06:05:18 AM »

I would assume the first step is to outfit your Profile with the MADI card. I recall there were some configuration issues with the Digico as it is MADI 56 as opposed to MADI 64..but should not affect the Avid/RME.

Robert Schoneman

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 07:58:13 PM »

The way AVID implements MADI on the Profile desks is a bit squirely. You won't be able to use the console's native Virtual Soundcheck functionality with a MADI stream.

Adam Robinson

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 03:05:27 AM »

The way AVID implements MADI on the Profile desks is a bit squirely. You won't be able to use the console's native Virtual Soundcheck functionality with a MADI stream.

I did multiple tours with a Profile, MADI cards, and the SSL Live Recorder and had zero complications using virtual soundcheck with MADI.  You should have no issue using a MADIface to do this.   It will automatically route Stage Rack 1 channels 1-48 to MADI 1-48 and allow you to free assign MADI 49-64 in the patchbay. 

For what it's worth, I toured for years with a MADIface and an SD8 and had zero issues.  In previous implementations of the Digico software, you were only able to access 56 channels on the MADI stream (as stated before, Digico uses MADI 56), but nowadays you can select the mode of the MADI ports to be 56 or 64 compatible and I have utilized all 64 channels available to me. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 03:05:27 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.