ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure UC Wireless Repair  (Read 3117 times)

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
Shure UC Wireless Repair
« on: March 23, 2016, 07:30:13 AM »

Before we get started, yes I know these frequencies can't be used in the US anymore.  I have two Shure UC4 receivers that receive the signal correctly, but have very low output that I would like to get repaired, before I sent them to a country where they can be used legally.  Does anyone know of a repair shop for the Shure UC4-UA system.  Shure will not repair these models anymore since they are illegal to use in the US.  As I said, I just want to get them working and sent to someone in another country that can use them.

Thanks
Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Jordan Wolf

Re: Shure UC Wireless Repair
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 08:10:16 PM »

Bill, have you considered having them repaired in the region of the world that would support those frequencies?

It may cost more, but if you do a comparison, you could at least see if it was worth taking it on.

- Jordan Wolf
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:22:47 AM »

Bill, have you considered having them repaired in the region of the world that would support those frequencies?

It may cost more, but if you do a comparison, you could at least see if it was worth taking it on.

- Jordan Wolf
Jordan, Thanks.  We found the problem and Shure is sending me a schematic so we can fix them prior to shipping.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 03:15:20 PM »

Jordan, Thanks.  We found the problem and Shure is sending me a schematic so we can fix them prior to shipping.

Bill

It's cool that Shure did that.  AFAIK they are not allowed to repair them themselves in the US, but it's nice that they worked with you considering the situation.

I operated a bunch of UB channels for a couple of years after the 700 mHz ban, using them exclusively between 692 and 698 mhz which was in accordance with the law.  Where i ran into a problem was when the transmitters started to wear out and there was just no way to get them repaired.  Shure wasn't able to help me legally and i was forced to replace the units.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 03:15:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.