ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha LS9 Loyalty Program......  (Read 7618 times)

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Yamaha LS9 Loyalty Program......
« on: February 19, 2016, 09:25:34 PM »

I just received an interesting email from Sound Productions where I am relatively sure I bought my LS9-32 from about 5 years ago. Yamaha has a loyalty program where if you turn in your LS9 they will give you up to a $2,500 discount on a new Yamaha QL series mixer.

http://yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/ls9loyalty.php

While I was initially interested, it quickly dawned on me that it isn't the best of deals really. You can still get about $5k+ for a nice used LS9-32 these days. The lower end of the market I have seen is still well above $3k. The price new is still between $7k and $8k. The QL-5 desks seem to be going for around $12k or there about. So I can trade in my LS9-32 to buy a new mixer for roughly $10k after the " DEAL "? I think if Yamaha really wants to outmode the LS9 they will have to offer up more than that....... I could stand to save an extra $3k selling the mixer myself.

I don't know what others think, but I almost feel like it is a slap in the face. It's time to upgrade to the QL series! We will give you about half the fair market value in discounts for your working LS9 if you buy a brand new QL series mixer! How amazing is that.......

Now granted this means that the LS9 will be discontinued soon and the market value will of course drop. I could still sell the mixer for that much on a bad day though. I think I could swing the deal if, A: I was in the market right now, and B: The deal was too good to pass up. I think up to $4k would be more appetizing. This would make it so that trading in would net you close if not better than the value of it after being discontinued? Or am I disillusioned?
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Yamaha LS9 Loyalty Program......
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 09:52:02 PM »

I just received an interesting email from Sound Productions where I am relatively sure I bought my LS9-32 from about 5 years ago. Yamaha has a loyalty program where if you turn in your LS9 they will give you up to a $2,500 discount on a new Yamaha QL series mixer.

While I was initially interested, it quickly dawned on me that it isn't the best of deals really. You can still get about $5k+ for a nice used LS9-32 these days. The lower end of the market I have seen is still well above $3k. The price new is still between $7k and $8k. The QL-5 desks seem to be going for around $12k or there about. So I can trade in my LS9-32 to buy a new mixer for roughly $10k after the " DEAL "? I think if Yamaha really wants to outmode the LS9 they will have to offer up more than that....... I could stand to save an extra $3k selling the mixer myself.

I don't know what others think, but I almost feel like it is a slap in the face. It's time to upgrade to the QL series! We will give you about half the fair market value in discounts for your working LS9 if you buy a brand new QL series mixer! How amazing is that.......

Now granted this means that the LS9 will be discontinued soon and the market value will of course drop. I could still sell the mixer for that much on a bad day though. I think I could swing the deal if, A: I was in the market right now, and B: The deal was too good to pass up. I think up to $4k would be more appetizing. This would make it so that trading in would net you close if not better than the value of it after being discontinued? Or am I disillusioned?
I think if you can live without the Yamaha name, you should step up to an A&H GLD-112 system for about 60% of what the QL-5 costs.  If you can get $5K for your LS9-32, I'd jump on that.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 10:18:57 PM »

Read the program... I BELIEVE that it's ACTUALLY Yamaha just giving you that discount on a QL1/5 -- and not giving up your old board. The thing is, tho, is that I think that discount is off the MSRP -- so $2,500 off a QL5 (MSRP of $16,499) is still $14k -- any smart shopper can already get a better price then that.

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

MikeHarris

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 05:48:18 AM »

You keep your LS9
The $2500 voucher for QL5 or $1500 voucher for QL1 gets presented to me (your humble local dealer) and is applied to whatever selling price we have agreed upon...not list.
I worked the numbers for a customer yesterday and his price with voucher is below my dealer cost.
I present the voucher to Yamaha with my PO...and the amount is deducted from my invoice.
Note..even if you have only a LS9-16 you can receive a $2500 voucher if you are buying a QL5.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 11:35:19 AM »

Mike, thanks for posting the scoop! I'm glad it's working that way and not some other weird way that makes it a silly program. Heh. It's also nice that it's not requiring people to ship back consoles like YCAS did with the M7 for CL5 promo.

-Ray "Has two LS9s" Aberle
Kelcema Audio

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »

Here is the deal as I understand it:
You keep your LS9
The $1500 or $2500 respective savings are off your negotiated price, NOT retail or MAP.
Disclosure : I have an LS9 32 going up for sale VERY soon.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 01:59:19 PM »

Here is the deal as I understand it:
You keep your LS9
The $1500 or $2500 respective savings are off your negotiated price, NOT retail or MAP.
Disclosure : I have an LS9 32 going up for sale VERY soon.

Yeah, that's what Mike posted as well.

Re your disclosure, you also must have (per the rules) purchased your LS9 from a dealer, not private party sales, to wit:
Quote from: Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems

Must have purchased a qualifying LS9 model from an authorized Yamaha dealer located in the United States or Canada.

Your mileage may vary, and I Am Not A Lawyer, but it appears they may be wanting to just support those who purchased consoles from their dealers, and not those who purchased the boards used at a later point.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 02:36:59 PM »

Now that makes sooooooo much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up! It just seemed to bad of a deal to be even worth while. In lieu of this information I think others will be much more interested. I am not in the market right now, but am certainly more interested than before.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 03:15:52 PM »

Yeah, that's what Mike posted as well.

Re your disclosure, you also must have (per the rules) purchased your LS9 from a dealer, not private party sales, to wit:
Your mileage may vary, and I Am Not A Lawyer, but it appears they may be wanting to just support those who purchased consoles from their dealers, and not those who purchased the boards used at a later point.

-Ray
My disclosure was tongue in cheek, as I will be using my LS9 to obtain this offer (already have the voucher and a price quote that is favorable), so it won't be able to be used for this deal again. Just getting a jump on the flood of LS9s that's sure to hit the market in the coming weeks...

Mike Locke

• SR Forums
  • Wenatchee, WA
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »

I took part in this, just setup my new QL5 and Rio3224 this week.  Only had to send a picture of the serial on the LS9.  Makes for a very attractive price. 

I also bought 2 Dante cards for my LS9 to make it into a meager monitor console on my network.  Will set that up and try it out in the coming weeks. 

Mike

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.