ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My backstage position  (Read 11057 times)

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
Re: My backstage backline
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 02:12:57 PM »

I really just want to know if you guys have your tight pants on?

Mac and I have the tightest pants in all the land.

Neil White

Re: R.A.D. RF comms
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 02:34:04 PM »

Jason has setup a comprehensive antenna system with multiple zones.

Hi Jason,

I would be interested to hear more about the antenna system you have deployed. How many zones are you covering, and are there multiple transmit zones as well as receive?

Neil

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
That's a wrap
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 07:06:17 PM »

Tomorrow may not go the same, they added a female singer known for her Miseducation, and for her loose interpretation of "on time".

Friday's show went smoothly despite concern over the performance by Lauren Hill. After not showing up for her performance with The Weeknd at the Grammys after having done the soundcheck, The Weeknd didn't have to go solo, she showed up for both and received plenty of applause. Demi Lovato nailed the musical impressions, and the Bryan Cranston interview in a bathtub was funny.

It's alway fun to work on these Tonight Show remotes, the crew is great and everyone gets along and goes out to dinner together. The atmosphere in the work environment can go a long way to getting you through a lot of hard work.

The R.A.D. RF comm system worked flawlessly, and the package VER put together with the 8 rack mount battery chargers in the same rack made keeping batteries fresh pretty easy. Even if I was away from my desk, anyone who noticed their battery dying could come over and pop in a new battery and put the dead one in the charger. The notification on the base of individual batteries going dead was very useful.

Despite the fun in LA, it's good to be back home in NY. The weather's not so good, but sleeping in my own bed is.

Mac

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: My backstage position
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2016, 09:25:24 PM »

Thank you for the posts and keeping us updated. I liked reading about your time with the Tonight Show. My father was an Engineer at NBC-NYC and I spent a lot of time at work with him and I spent some time at the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, when it used to be in NYC. 

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: My backstage position
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 01:17:53 AM »

Thank you for the posts and keeping us updated. I liked reading about your time with the Tonight Show. My father was an Engineer at NBC-NYC and I spent a lot of time at work with him and I spent some time at the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, when it used to be in NYC.

I too enjoy living vicariously through your experiences. 

The level of detail you provide also provides take away items for folks at all levels on how to step up our game.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  If your travels ever take you to Cleveland would enjoy meeting for a drink or a cup of coffee.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
Re: That's a wrap
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »

Friday's show went smoothly despite concern over the performance by Lauren Hill. After not showing up for her performance with The Weeknd at the Grammys after having done the soundcheck, The Weeknd didn't have to go solo, she showed up for both and received plenty of applause. Demi Lovato nailed the musical impressions, and the Bryan Cranston interview in a bathtub was funny.

It's alway fun to work on these Tonight Show remotes, the crew is great and everyone gets along and goes out to dinner together. The atmosphere in the work environment can go a long way to getting you through a lot of hard work.

The R.A.D. RF comm system worked flawlessly, and the package VER put together with the 8 rack mount battery chargers in the same rack made keeping batteries fresh pretty easy. Even if I was away from my desk, anyone who noticed their battery dying could come over and pop in a new battery and put the dead one in the charger. The notification on the base of individual batteries going dead was very useful.

Despite the fun in LA, it's good to be back home in NY. The weather's not so good, but sleeping in my own bed is.

Mac

Mac nailed it on all counts.  When you get that magical combination of people who are all professionally top-notch in ability and attitude, and who you genuinely enjoy being around, 21 days of non-stop work can actually be a pleasant experience.  However, there are few things as sweet as coming home.  FWIW, the only way I'm leaving the house today is if it burns down around me, and the chances of me taking off these pajamas and getting dressed are slim to none.

Here are parting shots of the best hangout in the entire biz  ;) , with the best workmate that one could ask for:

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: That's a wrap
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.