ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL Safe Launch Service  (Read 4454 times)

Ty Ron

JBL Safe Launch Service
« on: February 08, 2016, 07:35:25 PM »

I bought a used srx828sp on eBay and it seems like UPS dropped it on the edge. anyway, I hooked it up and noticed the left speaker not working. I thought the speaker was damaged so I took the grill off to inspected it, both speakers looked fine so I took it both out and hooked up the left speaker to the right wire and it worked fine. Now I'm thinking it's the amp. I called JBL and explained the problem and they told me to take to a service center. I then called the service center and give them my information and they said there is nothing they can do about the new srx800 series because JBL have a safe launch service. I called JBL again to asked what is the safe launch service and they said to take to the service center and they will figure out the next step.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:40:13 PM by Ty Ron »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: JBL Safe Launch Service
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 11:52:12 PM »

I bought a used srx828sp on eBay and it seems like UPS dropped it on the edge. anyway, I hooked it up and noticed the left speaker not working. I thought the speaker was damaged so I took the grill off to inspected it, both speakers looked fine so I took it both out and hooked up the left speaker to the right wire and it worked fine. Now I'm thinking it's the amp. I called JBL and explained the problem and they told me to take to a service center. I then called the service center and give them my information and they said there is nothing they can do about the new srx800 series because JBL have a safe launch service. I called JBL again to asked what is the safe launch service and they said to take to the service center and they will figure out the next step.

And?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ty Ron

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:01:06 AM »

And?
And I was wondering if anyone have or had issue with the srx800 series and if they know what the safe launch service is all about.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »

And I was wondering if anyone have or had issue with the srx800 series and if they know what the safe launch service is all about.

Which department did you speak with at JBL?  Try Tech Support at Tel: (818) 894-8850 instead of service.

That said, I *think* Safe Launch is a warranty service program that changes the way JBL and their service centers handle certain model lines.  In true JBL tradition it's possible that your local service center hasn't gotten the memo...

If you've got the grille off and have confirmed that both speakers have wired connected to their terminals, I'd follow those wires back to the Molex connector and make sure it is fully plugged into whatever it plugs in to.  After that I think you need to see what JBL and your local service center figure out.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:53:46 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 05:39:05 PM »

Safe launch : rocket condom

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ty Ron

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »

Which department did you speak with at JBL?  Try Tech Support at Tel: (818) 894-8850 instead of service.

That said, I *think* Safe Launch is a warranty service program that changes the way JBL and their service centers handle certain model lines.  In true JBL tradition it's possible that your local service center hasn't gotten the memo...

If you've got the grille off and have confirmed that both speakers have wired connected to their terminals, I'd follow those wires back to the Molex connector and make sure it is fully plugged into whatever it plugs in to.  After that I think you need to see what JBL and your local service center figure out.
I took it to the service center to have them figure it out and the gentleman there said if it's anything to do with the amp, JBL might just replace the entire sub.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »

A safe launch is when a brand new series comes out. Like the SRX800's. If you have a problem with a NEW speaker during the safe launch period you can return it no questions asked. And it is usually immediately replaced.

This may not apply since you bought it used.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:46:13 PM by Jamin Lynch »

Ty Ron

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 08:00:01 PM »

I don't see any reason for it to not apply. This is from the JBL website...

Is the JBL warranty transferable?
Yes. The JBL Warranty is transferable so long as the original dated bill of sale is presented whenever warranty service is required. Where the product to be repaired is no longer the property of the original owner and the original or a copy of the bill of sale cannot be provided, JBL will accept a notarized statement by the original purchaser stating the name of the selling dealer, date of original purchase, invoice or sales ticket number, model and serial number of the product including the date of transfer from the original purchaser to the subsequent owner of the product. The subsequent owner(s) of the product will pick up the balance of the warranty period based on the original dated bill of sale.

Ty Ron

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »

Update...

JBL replaced the cabinet.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.