Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

A basic network diagram for sound

(1/7) > >>

Bob Leonard:
I thought after the many conversations pertaining to basic connectivity and networking I might provide an easy to follow and simple EXAMPLE of what a small sound network could be. If appreciated I could take the time to write a beginners paper for wireless networking, explaining what works, what doesn't, and uncover the mysteries in obtaining reliable wireless networking communication. This would have nothing to do with microphones or wireless devices of that type.

Mark Favata:
I for one would love to see a paper on wireless networking pertaining to sound reinforcement. I recently invested in a Soundcraft Ui16 and it will be my first attempt at mixing wirelessly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Cailen Waddell:

--- Quote from: Bob Leonard on February 06, 2016, 07:12:39 PM ---I thought after the many conversations pertaining to basic connectivity and networking I might provide an easy to follow and simple EXAMPLE of what a small sound network could be. If appreciated I could take the time to write a beginners paper for wireless networking, explaining what works, what doesn't, and uncover the mysteries in obtaining reliable wireless networking communication. This would have nothing to do with microphones or wireless devices of that type.

--- End quote ---

Bob - this is outstanding.  Thank you for taking the time to share this.   I think (although you shared in another thread). Some model examples would be helpful as well.  I think especially in regard to non-wap routers, and waps.

Many thanks.

Also a vote to sticky this please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas Lamb:

--- Quote from: Bob Leonard on February 06, 2016, 07:12:39 PM ---I thought after the many conversations pertaining to basic connectivity and networking I might provide an easy to follow and simple EXAMPLE of what a small sound network could be. If appreciated I could take the time to write a beginners paper for wireless networking, explaining what works, what doesn't, and uncover the mysteries in obtaining reliable wireless networking communication. This would have nothing to do with microphones or wireless devices of that type.

--- End quote ---

Bob this is definately becoming more and more a part of what we are doing. We are all going to need to become at minimum comfortable with being a network engineer. I've been working on QSYS and DANTE networks recently and have learned a bunch. ive learned the hard way about Vlans and how they work.

Doug Fowler:
I am moving this to the Wireless forum and stickifying it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version