ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Ui16 Digital Rack Vs. Behringer XR16  (Read 11415 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Soundcraft Ui16 Digital Rack Vs. Behringer XR16
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2016, 01:02:42 PM »

I agree EXCEPT for the graphics. For the life of me, I cannot get accustomed to the lack of graphic design for FX settings. I use many of the X series FX in hardware and software versions, and the interfaces are very familiar.  Totally disorienting compared to the iPad app.

Yes. The FX are challenging to use on Mixing Station. I've used the X/M/XR system for the last 3 years and I always used a laptop and mixing station, or a laptop and an iPad together. For the life of me I can't figure out why Behringer can't give the apps full access to everything on the desk! There's things I need the iPad for, and things I need the laptop for and neither has enough control to manage the whole desk!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »

I always used a laptop and mixing station, or a laptop and an iPad together.

Yep. Before Mixing Station got better, I would routinely use all 3 platforms at nearly every show. The meter overview on iPad shows the amount of dynamics gain reduction, which neither of the other platforms did at first. Now I mostly just use Mixing Station Pro. I don't think there's anything I need the laptop editor for. I don't care about the graphics at all.

Behringer has promised an updated iPad app "soon". We'll see what they come up with. They have a history of abandoning software development. Their DSP 1100 editor never did get past the 0.1 beta version. And they're apparently not updating the Android app, since the developer is off doing his own wonderful thing, God bless him.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Colton Carnley

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2016, 06:32:04 PM »

Has anyone used the "Studer" version of the Ui16?
http://www.studer.ch/en/products/micro-series

This looks great. Love that it has a DeEsser on each channel! I'd love to hear some real feedback on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2016, 06:40:20 PM »

This looks great. Love that it has a DeEsser on each channel! I'd love to hear some real feedback on this.

Anybody seen a price yet? I'm guessing $10k.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2016, 06:40:20 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.