ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clear-Com HelixNet software released  (Read 3728 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Clear-Com HelixNet software released
« on: January 18, 2016, 01:51:33 PM »

Clear-com has announced on FB the new software V3.  Now for the first time your comm system on HelixNet can be programmed from any browser rather than using the screen menus on the master station AND be saved for use on other shows. or loading on site to a larger system.  All that is needed is connection to one base to setup all your PL channels, and roles for your larger system onsite.  Then once everything is connected each beltpack and master station can be assigned their roles.

Also the system now has the ability to specify on a per key basis momentary or latching.

Here are some screenshots.  http://www.bestaudio.com/helixnet
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:10:08 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Neil White

Re: Clear-Com HelixNet software released
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:55:13 PM »

All that is needed is connection to one base to setup all your PL channels, and roles for your larger system onsite.  Then once everything is connected each beltpack and master station can be assigned their roles.

Is it easy to identify individual beltpacks after they are all connected? Can roles be assigned at the beltpacks as they are plugged in?

The user interface and feature set looks great.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:08:52 PM »

Is it easy to identify individual beltpacks after they are all connected? Can roles be assigned at the beltpacks as they are plugged in?

The user interface and feature set looks great.

You can name each BP which can show up as first line in BP menu or as screen saver.  Roles are assigned and names done at same screen.  Easiest to do it as they are plugged in by another person.

As masters are plugged in the interfaces can be assigned too.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Ross Goldman (2)

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 12:48:30 PM »

Pete,

Thank you for taking the time to create this very informative video and sneak peek web page.

I don't suppose that overall system latency has changed at all in version 3.0, has it? According to Clear-Com, the latency of the system approaches 100 ms, which I've found to be distracting when a talker and listener are in close proximity. Do you have any thoughts about the latency of this system?

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:07 PM »

I don't suppose that overall system latency has changed at all in version 3.0, has it? According to Clear-Com, the latency of the system approaches 100 ms, which I've found to be distracting when a talker and listener are in close proximity. Do you have any thoughts about the latency of this system?

Latency is not something they spec.  Listening to it from one BP to another is does seem less although at 100 ms it is less than your typical cell phone call.  Never bothered me.  However if you use the 2 wire interface the echo may show up on your wired link and be a little annoying.

Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Neil White

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 05:50:18 PM »

Latency is not something they spec.  Listening to it from one BP to another is does seem less although at 100 ms it is less than your typical cell phone call.  Never bothered me.  However if you use the 2 wire interface the echo may show up on your wired link and be a little annoying.

The user guide for v3 is up on Clearcom's site HERE

On page 58 there is a table that seems to suggest the latency is between 40 - 80ms dependant on number of connected devices.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 05:50:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.