ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to mic the acapella congregation Help  (Read 3632 times)

Jonathan Christian

Need to mic the acapella congregation Help
« on: January 26, 2016, 04:28:34 PM »

I am looking for a good budget friendly mic to pick up the congregational singing (acapella CofC) instead of the praise team. this will be for our live feed and foyer and also help to fill the dead air during the sermon when the gate closes on the preachers mic. Thanks in advance. JC

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 04:40:55 PM »

I am looking for a good budget friendly mic

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: Need to mic the acapella congregation Help
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 07:05:02 PM »

I am looking for a good budget friendly mic to pick up the congregational singing (acapella CofC) instead of the praise team. this will be for our live feed and foyer and also help to fill the dead air during the sermon when the gate closes on the preachers mic. Thanks in advance. JC

I'd recommend a pair of Audio-Technica Pro 45 cardioid hanging choir mics. Around $99/each.

There may be better options; this is what I'm familiar with and have used for that very purpose.

For stand-mount, try two cardioid condensor mics mounted in an X-Y configuration. More information here:

http://www.shure.co.uk/support_download/educational_content/microphones-basics/stereo_microphone_techniques
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Need to mic the acapella congregation Help
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 07:05:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.