ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A/V questions  (Read 4250 times)

mike ramsey

A/V questions
« on: October 25, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »

Greetings All~
First post to this forum. I handle all of the technology for our church and have recently been tasked to come up with a solution for video recording our services. I am planning on building a system that can grow but essentially starting with one HD camera along with incorporating our projection feed into the videos as well. I can do this post process however that is far too time consuming so I am leaning toward the BlackMagic ATEM TV studio switcher. From what I understand the ATEM TVS will only handle all of the formats being the same. Now I will demonstrate my video ignorance... currently our projector only accepts a VGA input with a 1024x768 resolution which is fine for powerpoint but I will need that signal into the TVS unit. What would I need to get in order to do that?

We will essentially have one computer doing the powerpoint, mu laptop would control the ATEM software and one other computer capturing the program output from the ATEM for final rendering and upload to youtube. The Audio will be mixed in out audio mixer and output to the ATEM unit as well. I am trying to eliminate as much or all of the post production editing as possible. ANy help is appreciated!

Mike

Jordan Wolf

Re: A/V questions
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 10:23:04 PM »

Ideally, you'll want a scaler/scan converter to take your graphics signal (1024x768 VESA) and actively convert them to a video signal (720p, 1080i, etc.).

You'll also need to look into copyright licensing for recording of songs, etc. and possible future webstreaming/broadcasting activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

mike ramsey

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 07:07:51 AM »

Ideally, you'll want a scaler/scan converter to take your graphics signal (1024x768 VESA) and actively convert them to a video signal (720p, 1080i, etc.).

You'll also need to look into copyright licensing for recording of songs, etc. and possible future webstreaming/broadcasting activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, i will look for a scaler. We are already covered on the licensing. Probably one of the few that actually make sure their any of their licenses are up to date.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 07:35:09 AM »

Thanks, i will look for a scaler. We are already covered on the licensing. Probably one of the few that actually make sure their any of their licenses are up to date.

Mike,
Just be sure to double check licensing.  It is not the same licensing for recording and distribution (CD/DVD) that you need for live performance, and it is different licensing yet if you broadcast (stream online, etc.).  Many people think that one license covers any use.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

John Daniluk (JD)

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »

look at the Roland Vr-50HD or the V1hd.   

jd

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.