Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

LAB / DTS10

(1/2) > >>

Berti Jacobs:
Hello,

Our club runs a system that consists 4 lab subs + 4 tops per side
http://www.audio-performance.com/assets/files/touring/2-SK.pdf

We would like the extension of the system to go lower
Could 2 DTS10’s per side be an option?

DTS10  -  15/30Hz
LAB  -  30/80Hz
Tops  -  the rest

We program rock/pop bands and DJ’d music of all styles.
The system never exceeds 75% of its maximum spl capability
Thanks,
Berti

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Berti Jacobs on March 27, 2011, 06:08:59 AM ---Hello,

Our club runs a system that consists 4 lab subs + 4 tops per side
http://www.audio-performance.com/assets/files/touring/2-SK.pdf

We would like the extension of the system to go lower
Could 2 DTS10’s per side be an option?

DTS10  -  15/30Hz
LAB  -  30/80Hz
Tops  -  the rest

We program rock/pop bands and DJ’d music of all styles.
The system never exceeds 75% of its maximum spl capability
Thanks,
Berti

--- End quote ---

I think you money would be better spent on a cabinets with greater output, but don't go as low as the DTS10.

As with any cabinet design, there is a price to be paid when getting lower extension.  And that price is sensitivity.  Unless you REALLY need something that goes down as low as the DTS10 -I would look at a louder box that is solid down to 20-25Hz.

For your money-you will get more sound out of a box not designed to go as low.

I really doubt your lab subs are flat to 30Hz, probably more like 35Hz.  So if you run them from 40Hz up and use some HIGHOUTPUT boxes to cover the octave below that, you would be fine.

But remember that our hearing falls off with freq, so you may need to have the "bottom" boxes be capable of greater output than your labs- at least in apparent SPL.

While the DTS10 is a great box for the home (and for applications that need deep bass-but not seriously loud-church organs-special effects at theme parks etc))-I think you would be dissapointed by the output-especially if you are running 4 labs per side at around 75%.

Berti Jacobs:
Hello Ivan,

Thanks for the response.. perfect info!
Is there anything in the Danley HIGHOUTPUT pipeline for that bottom octave that could do this specific job "under" the LABS. You mentioned a "newer DBH type" on a different forum...

Thanks,
Berti

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Berti Jacobs on March 27, 2011, 02:47:08 PM ---Hello Ivan,

Thanks for the response.. perfect info!
Is there anything in the Danley HIGHOUTPUT pipeline for that bottom octave that could do this specific job "under" the LABS. You mentioned a "newer DBH type" on a different forum...

Thanks,
Berti

--- End quote ---
Current Danley products that I would recommend would be the TH221 or the TH812, both will get you loud into the 20Hz range-with the 812 getting louder and the 221 getting lower.

The new DBH218 that is flat to 25Hz is "in the pipeline" so to speak.  I'm not sure exactly where it is time wise.  There are some other exciting projects in front of it.

Berti Jacobs:
Hello Ivan,

Again, thanks for the response.

I think the TH812 replaces our labs alltogether (to say the least). probably the same for the TH221.

Is among the mentioned "exiting projects" one that would fit a job "under" the
labs  Something that covers the 20/40Hz range with enough spl to keep up with
our labs.

thanks,
berti

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version