ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brightest LED RGB+W fixture for under $200 each?  (Read 4761 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: Brightest LED RGB+W fixture for under $200 each?
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 07:44:33 pm »

I think trying all 3 is a great idea. I have had zero good luck with cheap knock off fixtures and I am simply over trying to go cheap. If I were still in my playing in bands and making no money days maybe, but now clients pay me to bring lights that work.

I have had the knock offs catch fire, short out, short out a whole truss, and probably more. I just stopped using them and my life has been so much better ever since.

As Tim and the others will say, buy once cry once. But who knows, it might be completely fine and also your temperament may be ok with tracing down failures at shows and still having a good day. Mine is certainly not.

$500 to test drive is certainly not a huge bath to take if they don't work out.

Goerge Thomas

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 08:21:44 pm »

I think trying all 3 is a great idea. I have had zero good luck with cheap knock off fixtures and I am simply over trying to go cheap. If I were still in my playing in bands and making no money days maybe, but now clients pay me to bring lights that work.

I have had the knock offs catch fire, short out, short out a whole truss, and probably more. I just stopped using them and my life has been so much better ever since.

As Tim and the others will say, buy once cry once. But who knows, it might be completely fine and also your temperament may be ok with tracing down failures at shows and still having a good day. Mine is certainly not.

$500 to test drive is certainly not a huge bath to take if they don't work out.

The other important factor here is that these lights will be mounted once... and never moved.. simply turned on and used. They are out of reach and touch for anyone to adjust. They don't need to stand up to the road. Just constant operation. This does cut down on failures for many fixtures that are 'cheap'. I will let everyone know when I get my fixtures in. The order are all put in and paid for!

Goerge Thomas

Buying bulk order LED RGBAW Par lights from China
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 07:52:47 pm »

UPDATE:

They have arrived!

I took a chance and bought 45 from the Chinese manufacturer. I also have lights from other companies as demo units to compare including chauvet and elation and blizzard. A local company let me demo one of their Chinese units and I was sold and pulled the trigger for 45.It was that good. Just like the other units...just without the label and made in USA tag....

Let me recap the process so far from contemplating ordering to having them delivered.

First. Scour Alibaba and Aliexpress for good deals. There are so many items that are the exact same product american resellers use just without the label. I personally know someone who used lights from WinGo Lighting. They have a website AND listings on Alibaba and Aliexpress. The difference between Aliexpress and Alibaba are that orders on Alibaba are generally custom generated from the supplier for only you to see and buy whereas Aliexpress is pre-defined ready to go orders. Less customizing and less flexibility on pricing. Both websites are linked. My password and username work for both.

I found the lights I wanted, reached out to a representative on the WinGo page on Alibaba and said Hello. One of their reps instant messaged me back and I told them what I wanted and asked them for their best per for 45 of them. They told me what their best price was and then told me how much freight shipping would be to my address. All within about 10 minutes. This is all through the Alibaba website. We agreed on a price out the door and they created a custom order and sent me an order request. This shows up as an email and a notification, I clicked it and it told me what the order included, the costs broken down and a button that said decline or pay.

Alibaba and Aliexpress will process any major credit card as payment. I liked this so I felt protected. The company WinGo said I could save 5% if I paid them directly as that was the percent the website took to process and order. I declined and paid with credit card. My credit card company called me within 5 minutes demanding to know if this was a real transaction or not. After I told them it was it took 24 hours to process my payment. Then the supplier started putting my order together. Took about 24 hours for them to get 45 units ready to go and ship. I had the option of UPS or DHL. I picked DHL and was glad I did. After they shipped my order I got an email  with notification and tracking numbers. From then it took 5 days to get to my doorstep. That's all it took. Easier than I thought!

The lights came in 12 boxes, packed very well and tightly. They each included a 6 ft IEC power cable and a 6 ft dmx cable and a bracket with bolts and a manual. The DMX cable was a nice surprise.

I assembled the light, took 45 seconds to attach the dual yoke bracket and hook the light up. The light is of good manufacturing with no obvious gaps or loose screws or flimsy plastic. Definitely happy for the price. My fixture is a 9X15 watt RGBAW flat par fixture. It has two quiet cooling fans, dmx in and out, power in and out and the DMX screen with menu options. I did not get a fixture with UV as it does not matter to me. The fixture turns on in about 1.5 seconds and is very quiet and stays cool even on full for a while. The built in programs are goofy but it can do many programs such as fading and strobing and manual color blending and fading and sound active and random auto. The instruction manual that comes with it is very sparse and kind of useless. I just messed with it for an hour to figure out all the settings. The fixture can be 5 or 9 channel dmx. The colors are very vivd and bright. The white is a nice color. I would liken the colors to a 300-500 watt MFL par 56 in throw and spread and brightness. The white is more like a 300 watt par 56 and not a 500. That is OK. They dim very smoothly, have no high pitch noises, and overall seem like a great quality for the price. You can link 10 together via power. Built in terminator in the fixture. Speaking of the price, I paid about $70 + shipping per fixture with a 2 year warranty of either replacing or refunding. The company was great at answering all my questions and I feel like they stand behind their products based on what I have asked about support. Only time will tell.

These are a 9/10 in output and light. 9/10 in build. 10/10 in value and price. 10/10 in features. 10/10 in packing and shipping 5/10 for documentation but that is OK.

I would not buy these and tour with them but for a permanent install or if they have cases then you are good to gig out. You simply cannot beat the price. I am using an ipad mini with luminair and a DMX King ethernet interface. Works great.

Next up is my comparison to other LEDpar cans in the sub $200 price range.

Steve Garris

Re: Buying bulk order LED RGBAW Par lights from China
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 12:30:36 pm »

Cool! I look forward to your comparison. That's a lot of light for $70.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 12:24:34 pm »

What was the actual model you bought (so I can look at it myself)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 05:48:17 pm »

At the end of the day. What is $500~ to learn a lesson and help shape a future purchase? I've lost more on burnt drivers in one night...and I got nothing out of that but angry.  ::)

Disclaimer, dealer for none. Just a dude trying to see if I can save a few $$ reasonably.

I have only support and anecdotal evidence for you.  I bought 8 Blizzard Ice 60 fixtures for a steal on eBay.  Oddly the DMX schema did not match the Blizzard manual.  After much research it was determined these are the OEM units that Blizzard buys. 

The Blizzard guy was so helpful and went out of his way to assist, however he did stop short of sending me a ROM image file so I could have made them Blizzard's!   Also I realize that the fixtures I have might have had inferior motors etc.  The part is we had to get down to PCB build numbers to figure it out (the Blizzard serial number were missing).

I was so happy with Blizzard support I bought some legit fixtures of a different style.

So I have an extra and a  parts mule and have had to replace a position sensor.  Not at all disappointed with the ROI on the clones.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Goerge Thomas

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 09:03:31 pm »

What was the actual model you bought (so I can look at it myself)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bought Wingo WG-G3039 fixtures. 9X15 watt 5 in 1 LEDs. RGBAW. Black fixtures with DMX and power cord and brackets included.

I'm actually extremely impressed with them. I'll buy 50 more for another venue next year if these last. It cost me $80 in customs tax to import all the ones I bought.

So many people go online and buy 1000 of these and resell them on ebay in the USA and make a decent profit... I've been on ebay looking and have found so many of the fixtures I see from alibaba on ebay double the price but they sell because they say USA SELLER and SHIPS FROM CALIFORNIA. So this puts people at ease I think to justify the double price.

I'm sure I could have rolled the dice and gotten complete JUNK but I got lucky.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 09:03:31 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.