ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump audio thread  (Read 15222 times)

Jeff Bankston

Re: Trump audio thread
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »

No, this is what you need:
I bet you could catch a real huge fish with that fishin pole ! YEEEEEE Doggie ! I'll tell granny to whip up some fish batter ! I'm going to the lake this time !

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2016, 10:52:18 PM »

I hate it when speakers grab the mic and start moving it around as if they know what they're doing.  I'd dearly love to initiate some negative bio-feedback when the mic gets touched.  You know what I mean...

Yes I have been very tempted.

What has bothered me the most is when the mic is in the perfect position for them and then they move it so it isn’t anywhere near where it would have to be to pick anything up. I did an event yesterday and had a mic (if they wanted to use it) for the conductor to pick up out of the mic stand to talk to the audience and one of the conductor turns to talk to the audience and the mic was still in the stand facing straight up at waist level and I brought it up in the system and we heard him just fine.

I was watching something on the news and saw a whole bunch of quick clips that showed Trump behind the podium at different venues and it looked like the mic on the podium was all the exact same type. It looked to me like an Audio Technica gooseneck. So why did it work for all these other events and not at the one in question? And they all looked like they were much closer to his mouth then I would normally put one of those mics.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2016, 03:48:16 AM »

So, do we know if the sound company, or the engineer in question actually got paid or not?
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2016, 03:54:11 AM »

Something which annoys me which I see on TV quiz shows, awards ceremonies, news, etc. is when there is a lectern with (usually) two microphones which are more than capable, but the speaker insists on leaning forwards towards the microphones every time he or she speaks.  It would take seconds to tell them all to just stand up straight and speak, ignoring the microphones.

Steve.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:28:21 AM by Steve M Smith »

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2016, 07:35:39 AM »

So, do we know if the sound company, or the engineer in question actually got paid or not?
I saw another place that yes they got paid.  They can't help it if he keeps eating that type of mic.

And they did not spec the mic model-the Trump "people" speced the mic-they just provided.

I heard that the provider was Sound Associates. So not exactly a "ankle bitter" operation.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

David Allred

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2016, 10:16:51 AM »

The fun thing to do is to delay their monitor sound about a full second...

I used to use a dance game where a volunteer would don a pair of over ear hearphones and challenged to say the entire alphabet without a mess-up for a prize.  About "J" or so I would hit them with a one sec delay (no dry signal) for the duration.  They would usually fail before they got through LMNOP.  Good fun.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2016, 10:42:43 AM »

I used to use a dance game where a volunteer would don a pair of over ear hearphones and challenged to say the entire alphabet without a mess-up for a prize.  About "J" or so I would hit them with a one sec delay (no dry signal) for the duration.  They would usually fail before they got through LMNOP.  Good fun.
Back in the early '80s I sold a DAF device (Delayed auditory feedback) based on that same mechanism. The DAF introduced a delay into headphones from a microphone to use as speech therapy to help stutters overcome their speech impediment. They would learn to speak at max delay and then gradually reduce the delay time to zero as they learn to speak fluently without the device.

JR 

PS: To speak fluently with too much delay in your monitor, speak slowly and stretch out the sounds.
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2016, 12:41:42 PM »

Back in the early '80s I sold a DAF device (Delayed auditory feedback) based on that same mechanism. The DAF introduced a delay into headphones from a microphone to use as speech therapy to help stutters overcome their speech impediment. They would learn to speak at max delay and then gradually reduce the delay time to zero as they learn to speak fluently without the device.

JR 

PS: To speak fluently with too much delay in your monitor, speak slowly and stretch out the sounds.
Back in the late 80's, I was working a bit with a bar band. The lead singer was a tea-toter. Everyone else was happy with booze.
One day, the guitarist (a personal friend) asked if partway through the second set, I could make him sound drunk. Thought about it for a bit, and at the first inter-song chatter, I started applying delay and a pit of pitch shift to his wedge. By the time I got around 250ms and a couple of semitones up, he was slurring pretty good, and had a real goofball look on his face. While he was singing, I put everything back to normal.
I'd never do that on a "real" stage, of course :)  But, on the bar scene, who's a little prank now and again gonna hurt ?

Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »

I recall being on stage (doing a product presentation) in a huge hotel ballroom (actually two ball rooms opened up). There was a slap echo returning from the back wall that was over 150mSec.. Enough to bother some presenters. :-(

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.