ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Booties  (Read 5985 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: Booties
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 12:50:07 PM »

It's due to religious precedent. No shoes in the prayer room. We have to rewrite the prayer room.

I think shoes can't touch the floor. Can the floor be covered with something (plywood, canvass ect) so shoes don't touch?

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 12:58:36 PM »

Our church uses a heavy duty shrink wrap or saran wrap type plastic that comes on rolls you just roll it onto the carpet or a hard surface-it is made for protecting floors during remodels. We have animals (donkeys/mules) walking on it and it is amazing how well it protects.  The nice thing is it still gives you good footing- even for ladders. When you are done just peel it up and go.

I noticed MCM Electronics is carrying the booties as well.
Steve Swaffer

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 05:53:49 PM »

Religion reasons huh....... I guess if you pray hard enough god might make that stuff fly up on the wall and attach itself all on its own????????? Bad jokes aside, if shoes are not allowed in the rooms where wok needs to be done, then I vote for just wearing socks that have the rubberized grip on the bottom. I would also make it a point to wear the wackiest wildest color scheme possible too! I'm of course kidding again.

like these:
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 09:37:11 AM »

This is what we use:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CDG7EI?keywords=blue%20shoe%20covers&qid=1452782054&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

$8 for a 50-pack. They cover your boots (I wear a 14 and they still fit, but barely) and they have a non-slip bottom. If removing shoes was a requirement of the job I would turn it down. Even if you take all sorts of precautions in the beginning, cover the floor, etc., what happens when you need to return for service? Do you feel like going through all of that again, especially if you're not getting paid because it falls under your installation warranty?

Simple. Repeatable. Scalable.

David Allred

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »

So what did the original installer do to get around the requirement?  Same for the contractor that built the building and install the floor.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »

We have to rewrite the prayer room.
Before or after you rewire it?!

We have similar thin white covers to those you posted earlier.  They are made from Tyvek and are for use in our cleanroom parts of the factory.  I wouldn't want to climb a ladder with them on though.

Steve.

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »

It's due to religious precedent. No shoes in the prayer room.

In my experience it was more of a cleanliness issue, and they were ok with me laying down new clean tarps
although it depends on how much of the room you need to cover, and how many times you'll be back, and whether they're still using the room 5x a day around your work.

Jason

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.