ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Neutrik Xiriium X  (Read 11126 times)

John L Nobile

Re: Neutrik Xiriium X
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 09:20:01 AM »

It looks like it's operating at 5 Ghz. Hard to tell from all the pics. Wondering how long before that band is as congested as the 2.4 Ghz one.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 07:36:45 PM »

http://www.xirium.net/xirium-x/en

Looking at the info on these I can think of a lot of situations where they would come in handy for us.  Has anyone seen any pricing/projected pricing?  I can't find that info online.  Thanks.

Looks like this product has gotten a lot more interesting:

http://www.neutrik.us/en-us/news/xirium_pro

analog, AES, Dante and lots more improvements over the xirium X version.  1Q 2016 projected release...still don't see any reference pricing.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »

analog, AES, Dante and lots more improvements over the xirium X version.  1Q 2016 projected release...still don't see any reference pricing.

It looks like it's going to be an expensive way to transport 2 channels of audio, with 3ms of latency.

Mac

Raul Suarez

• Third Ear Sound
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 11:15:54 PM »

From what I was told at NAMM a basic analogue to analogue TX to RX would be about on par with a Shure PSM900 to UHF-R bridge in cost.  The Xirium would have many advantages: stereo, longer range, 20-20K, no compression, etc.  The price does seem to go up quickly when adding in different I/O formats, repeaters, and antenna options.
Raul Suarez
General Manager
Third Ear Sound

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 11:42:58 PM »

It looks like it's going to be an expensive way to transport 2 channels of audio, with 3ms of latency.

Mac

Given it's application, I don't think 3ms of latency is going to be an issue...that's about 4 ft.
It has a lot going for it over the current method of using IEM.
The price is the big question.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 07:01:04 AM »

The whole concept of wireless speakers has always been the big question. Wait until point to point laser technology comes to pro sound, then maybe. Too many what if's regardless of price.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 08:04:50 AM »

Given it's application, I don't think 3ms of latency is going to be an issue...that's about 4 ft.
It has a lot going for it over the current method of using IEM.
The price is the big question.

Actually for remote speakers I would be interested if it had a variable delay built in.

Output delay suitable to compensate for speaker position seem s to be a weak point between digital boards and speakers with dsp built in.

It would be nice to send out 1 l/r signal from the board and compensate for position at the speaker.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Neutrik Xiriium X
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 08:08:22 AM »

The whole concept of wireless speakers has always been the big question. Wait until point to point laser technology comes to pro sound, then maybe. Too many what if's regardless of price.

Check out Whirwind's Ebeam.   It's been years since I looked at it, but it was marketed as audio over laser. Which in reality you had to convert the audio to network (cobranet) first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Tim Steer

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 08:50:22 AM »

This makes me a lot more interested. I've used the Xirium-X, and whilst it sounds good and will work over a couple of hundred metres (in my own experience) with the right antenna combination, the briefcase full of fiddly psus, cables, adaptors and various other fixtures and fittings that comes with it makes the system seem all a bit cumbersome and generally ill-conceived. And the fact that you need two transmitters and receivers to set up a stereo link is an additional pain in the arse.

The idea of sending stereo AES into a single unit and having both channels pop out of the other end as 2x analogue signals or a single AES connection is very appealing, and having a proper powercon instead of the annoying external PSU will make it much simpler to rig and less susceptible to water damage.

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 09:43:46 AM »

From what I was told at NAMM a basic analogue to analogue TX to RX would be about on par with a Shure PSM900 to UHF-R bridge in cost.  The Xirium would have many advantages: stereo, longer range, 20-20K, no compression, etc.  The price does seem to go up quickly when adding in different I/O formats, repeaters, and antenna options.

But then it's a dedicated piece that's only good for that purpose, whereas the PSM and UHF-R can go back to IEM and mic duty for the next gig.

Jason

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 09:43:46 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.