Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Vantage - Mac based Spectrum monitoring with RF Explorer

(1/1)

Pete Erskine:
I have just purchased Vantage and an RF Explorer and will be posting the use of it later.

The two if these are a terrific, low cost answers for Spectrum Management.

I just received this email from them promoting it and they included a very nice video showing it in use on an actual show.  It isn't a "how to" video, more promotional, but it shows well the use of Venue along with Workbench.

http://blog.rfvenue.com/using-vantage-with-wwb/

Jordan Wolf:
Pete,

Just today I purchased an RF Explorer unit from a PSW forum member, and I also saw the new software - I'm really looking forward to your comments about each (good things as well as bad). I'd like to learn more about RF coordination and am hoping that this device will help in that process. Still chewing on stuff from your website and others...

- Jordan Wolf

Michael Storey:
I recently purchased a RF Explorer unit and Vantage software license as well, as it seemed to be one of the few programs that exported CSV's compatible with Wireless Workbench without having to manually edit the file.

Everything seems to be working fine for me, but I'm still interested in your take on this setup. One thing I have noticed is that the scans imported into Workbench from my RF Explorer/Vantage combo are a lot lower in amplitude than scans taken from my Shure QLX-D's. Not sure how this factors in to how Workbench calculates it's frequencies, but everything seems to work as it should.

I'll be patiently awaiting your thoughts.

Kristian Stevenson:
I too have purchased an RF explorer and Vantage.

I know the software is new and they have already voiced how it is still under development for certain features. That said I'd like to see some features in the monitoring section. It would be great to be able to recall groups of frequencies with presets or a folder system. It is nice how easily it integrates with workbench (outlined in the video Pete referenced)

Excited to see how they expand the feature set!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version