ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MIDAS PRO 1 FIRMWARE  (Read 12829 times)

Jelmer de Jong

Re: MIDAS PRO 1 FIRMWARE
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 03:36:53 AM »

Lets's hope Chase succesfully upgrades the firmware of it's coworkers to his own standard.

Stuart Miller

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »

I'm just curious if the problem may be with the DL150 series stage boxes.  I have used the DL251 with no problems with my Pro 1 and Pro 2. 

...was the console and DL153 connected when you updated the firmware?

I was hoping the problem was associated with the DL153 because then the solution is easy.

At the time the channel drop-out business happened to me I was in possession of a DL15x-series user manual. I used the manual to do the obvious troubleshooting, etc. During a follow-call to Midas' tech support, to report the incident and to see what might have cause it, I was told that the manual was incorrect with respect to some of its content, so my troubleshooting efforts would not have helped me as it turned out.

I've been waiting eagerly for a corrected manual but I haven't seen one posted on the Midas site yet, only a sales brochure. Not sure when the manual is going to be ready.

I had designs to purchase a second DL153, for actual use (when needed) and  for backup when I only need to use one. I'm holding off on the purchase to see if I can get the issue resolved, or if I'm obliged to explore other options.

Yes, I always connect the DL153 when I make firmware updates, just in case the DL153 needs one.

I'm going to update now to the latest firmware, that was posted the other day, and see what happens. My confidence level updating the firmware is very high because I've yet to have any issues doing firmware upgrades (we need a 'fingers crossed' emoticon that I can post here).

Firmware upgrades have always gone well for me. Sound quality of the console has always impressed me. Reliability...not so much.

Cheers,

Stu

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.