ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2x 8" and 1x12"?  (Read 4014 times)

Roland Clarke

Re: 2x 8" and 1x12"?
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 06:45:24 am »

I have heard almost all the common contenders at a trade show this year and agree that the sound quality of the portable speaker on a stick with a sub systems really are very good compared to even a few years ago, yet they are in real terms much cheaper.
For me almost all the rigs I saw it wasn't the sound of them that would have swung my decision more how many stupid buttons they had/hadn't got, how easy they were to move or is there a dealer nearby in case it breaks etc.
As Ivan is fond of saying it all depends, the Sherman top cab in question is probably a little "smoother" than the EV system but the sub doesn't seem to go as low or quite as loud but probably sounds less processed, you could start making these sort of distinctions across the whole field and get nowhere, get a demo of anything that you want/can afford if you cant get a demo don't buy it look for something else there is not enough of a difference audio wise that you're going to miss out much IMO

This is so true.  Going back even 20 years, I can remember top level kit from some of the manufacturers still being "touch and go" in use.  Amps by one of the then famous makers, going into thermal protection when used outdoors on a hot summers day.  In this day and age we don't have to contend with these issues, speakers get turned on and used all day long without any noticeable change in sound.  Top end kit is great from almost any of the well known manufacturers.  The middle ground is a little more difficult, often quite bespoke, but usually not enough sold at high enough prices to back the technology development required.

As pointed out by Lyle above, kit needs to be good, easy to use, reliable, and after all that, it needs to be easy enough to cart around, fit into the vans you own and cost effective enough that you can do shows at the budget the customers can afford.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: 2x 8" and 1x12"?
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 06:45:24 am »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 24 queries.