ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico Announces Core2 Upgrade  (Read 6075 times)

Steve Bunting

• SteveBunting.com
Re: Digico Announces Core2 Upgrade
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 07:12:19 AM »

A SD9 has 24 faders and one screen... a left set of twelve and a right set of 12 faders. A left set of two layers x 4 banks of 12 faders and a right set of 2 x 4 layers of 12 faders for a total of 192 easily accessible fully assignable "faders".
Lots of space for 96 channels.

SD9 currently only has 1 fader layer.

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 09:06:05 AM »

The assumption is that the number of 'strips' (thats what a 'channel' is in digico speak) would increase. The SD9 has 24 physical faders with 4 banks, so thats 96 places to put a channel. So obviously not enough to have every channel on the surface, but I guess they would have to implement some kind of additional layer

The question is how many of these 96 channels will be Flexi channels.  I think you could easily incorporate one of the user buttons to make a 2nd fader layer if that's the route they take. 

Since they only specifically mention the SD7, SD5 and SD9 in the press release, it begs the question of what is in store for the SD10, SD8 and SD11.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 09:26:35 AM »

So...
I have a SD11.
I have one screen and 12 faders.
I have 48 mic pre's... 16 local and 32 on my D-rack. A total of 48.
As of today I have 32 channels of processing.
I have 2 layers of 4 banks of 12 faders = 96 faders to which I can assign any input /aux master/control group(dca)/matrix or group out put.
A SD9 has 24 faders and one screen... a left set of twelve and a right set of 12 faders. A left set of two layers x 4 banks of 12 faders and a right set of 2 x 4 layers of 12 faders for a total of 192 easily accessible fully assignable "faders".
Lots of space for 96 channels.
I'm looking forward to this update/upgrade.
As an early adopter this is a much appreciated boon.

You're absolutely right, my math failed me there, though as Steve said above the SD9 only has a single layer.

I wonder if they will make a field install optics option available.  There's no way to get 96 channels at 96k in without it right now.  It is nice that the d-rack can now do 96k, though too bad you loose some pres.

eytan gidron

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 10:37:11 AM »

The question is how many of these 96 channels will be Flexi channels.  I think you could easily incorporate one of the user buttons to make a 2nd fader layer if that's the route they take. 

Since they only specifically mention the SD7, SD5 and SD9 in the press release, it begs the question of what is in store for the SD10, SD8 and SD11.

AFAIK all of the consoles will be upgraded in one way or another..

Robert Schoneman

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »

I wonder if they will make a field install optics option available.  There's no way to get 96 channels at 96k in without it right now.  It is nice that the d-rack can now do 96k, though too bad you loose some pres.

There's two generations of SD9. The early one cannot be retrofitted as the metalwork on the console doesn't accommodate it and neither does the audio engine. I believe the later generation does but it is prohibitively expensive.

Not sure I follow the logic on IO though. There's three MADI ports (two 110ohm CAT5e and one 75ohm coax) which can all accommodate DiGiCo racks. At 96k that's 28 inputs per port plus 8 local analog inputs and two local AES pairs. I get 96. If you've got a Waves card that's another 32.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.