ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: EV ETX  (Read 26076 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: EV ETX
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2017, 12:41:08 PM »

Reporting back after using EV ETX on 6+ last night.
Hi I just wanted to let everyone know that although I did firstly have problems with my speakers it was due to myself not being familiar with a Active Speaker PA.
My gain levels was far to high at least I thought. Until last nights venue was a big club Workingman's Hall. I decided to on my sound check out my speakers on the Rear of the DSP set to 6+ and Wow what a difference this had made to my complete overall sound the speakers was more punch I could actually hear and feel the base SPL at the rear of the room which at a guess I'd say was roughly 20 metres away from the stage to the bar the sound was warmer and just overall amazing!! I'm pleased to report back today this experience for future reference. My gains on my mixer Was only up at 9 o'clock I could of gone so much more. As my PFL on my mixer was only just in the third green light and the sound was amazing guys. So I'm now over the moon with my EV ETX 12p speakers. Thanks to everyone who gave their time and helped me with this issue.
Cheers guys and girls Faith Restored in Electro Voice again x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my first post in this thread:

As others have pointed out not sure you understand gain structure.  You use the input gains to match the signal you are sending.
[/size]

[/size]
Lesson here,  listen to those who know lest become known as a support vampire.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve Garris

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »

Reporting back after using EV ETX on 6+ last night.
Hi I just wanted to let everyone know that although I did firstly have problems with my speakers it was due to myself not being familiar with a Active Speaker PA.
My gain levels was far to high at least I thought. Until last nights venue was a big club Workingman's Hall. I decided to on my sound check out my speakers on the Rear of the DSP set to 6+ and Wow what a difference this had made to my complete overall sound the speakers was more punch I could actually hear and feel the base SPL at the rear of the room which at a guess I'd say was roughly 20 metres away from the stage to the bar the sound was warmer and just overall amazing!! I'm pleased to report back today this experience for future reference. My gains on my mixer Was only up at 9 o'clock I could of gone so much more. As my PFL on my mixer was only just in the third green light and the sound was amazing guys. So I'm now over the moon with my EV ETX 12p speakers. Thanks to everyone who gave their time and helped me with this issue.
Cheers guys and girls Faith Restored in Electro Voice again x

Glad to hear you've got it worked out Neil! I don't have experience with the EV powered boxes but have heard they are great sounding. Best of luck to you sir.

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »

Neil,
Glad to hear it's all working for you.  Thanks for listening and trying the recommendations given to you.

Now with a great sound, maybe you can get that working man hall filled once again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neil Cox

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2017, 07:23:02 PM »

Glad to hear you've got it worked out Neil! I don't have experience with the EV powered boxes but have heard they are great sounding. Best of luck to you sir.
Hi Steve and thank you mate

Neil Cox

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2017, 07:26:10 PM »

Neil,
Glad to hear it's all working for you.  Thanks for listening and trying the recommendations given to you.

Now with a great sound, maybe you can get that working man hall filled once again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Jim lol doubt the Workingman's halls will ever go back to how they used to be they was built for the coal miners back in the day.
Nowadays Most clubs in Wales are really struggling for bums on seats.
I may eventually have to retire if I can't get the work thanks got your support mate great forum and lots of very helpful genuine people in here.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2017, 07:26:10 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.