ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IAS offering incorrect frequencies  (Read 4155 times)

Mike Kahrs

IAS offering incorrect frequencies
« on: December 28, 2015, 08:23:56 PM »

It appears that in IAS 5.0.3.0 the Shure ULX M1 band “All” (or Masterlist as Shure calls it), has incorrect frequencies assigned to the Group/Channel.

Many of the M1 band "All" frequencies given by IAS do not exist in ULX M1 band reality.  For example, IAS gives me E454 and 671.105 but 671.105 is not obtainable in ULX M1 band.  E363 put into a ULX M1 receiver gives 671.100 which is close but not exact.

A review shows the EXXX "All" freqs to have many questionable freqs such as ones ending in 05 or 45.  The FXXX freqs all appear to be accurate.

We three RF techs  had a 250+ freq coodination in Las Vegas last month.  The discovery was most inconvenient.

Anyone notice this, or issues with other models/brands?

Mike
Why know when you can guess...

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: IAS offering incorrect frequencies
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »

It appears that in IAS 5.0.3.0 the Shure ULX M1 band “All” (or Masterlist as Shure calls it), has incorrect frequencies assigned to the Group/Channel.

Many of the M1 band "All" frequencies given by IAS do not exist in ULX M1 band reality.  For example, IAS gives me E454 and 671.105 but 671.105 is not obtainable in ULX M1 band.  E363 put into a ULX M1 receiver gives 671.100 which is close but not exact.

A review shows the EXXX "All" freqs to have many questionable freqs such as ones ending in 05 or 45.  The FXXX freqs all appear to be accurate.

We three RF techs  had a 250+ freq coodination in Las Vegas last month.  The discovery was most inconvenient.

Anyone notice this, or issues with other models/brands?

Although frequency typos in the presets are not unknown, I just checked "M1 All" in v5.04 and all the preset frequencies seem proper, in 25kHz steps and ascension. Try updating to v5.04 from your v5.03.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Cameron Stuckey

• New York City
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 04:25:52 PM »

Try updating to v5.04 from your v5.03.

Henry is correct, this was well reported from several users and was fixed in the 5.04 release. There was a typo that set the step size to 20kHz instead of the correct 25kHz. This caused only the fifth, tenth, fifteenth, etc. to be (real)tunable frequencies. Again, fixed in 5.04.

-Cameron
Professional Wireless

Mike Kahrs

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 05:56:39 PM »

Excellent news regarding the update, thanks.  I let the app tell me there was no update - next time I'll check the web as well.  I'm updated now.

BTW, I was in San Diego at the convention center with my TTi Sunday.  Auto Show coming up soon.  I tried to upload my scan to IAS via the "Information About Sweep" window that opens.  As soon as I enter a character in the "Name" field, the "Share with other users" window goes grey.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Mike

Cameron Stuckey

• New York City
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 06:31:30 PM »

Excellent news regarding the update, thanks.  I let the app tell me there was no update - next time I'll check the web as well.  I'm updated now.

BTW, I was in San Diego at the convention center with my TTi Sunday.  Auto Show coming up soon.  I tried to upload my scan to IAS via the "Information About Sweep" window that opens.  As soon as I enter a character in the "Name" field, the "Share with other users" window goes grey.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Mike

Simply, the button will grey-out if IAS cannot establish a connection back to the PWS server. It also requires the information fields to be populated to upload.

Ignoring any temporary outage(none to my knowledge on our side) the most obvious reason is a missing Internet connection. Or a proxy server and/or VPN on your local network is blocking the connection back to the PWS server. If you were on the convention center's public network, it's highly likely it was blocking access. That's a localized IT problem. Frequently this is also the problem when trying to download new Broadcast TV Data through the TV Wizard.

-Cameron
Professional Wireless
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 06:57:53 PM by Cameron Stuckey »

Mike Kahrs

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 06:52:27 PM »

Simply, the button will grey-out if IAS cannot establish a connection back to the PWS server.

Ignoring any temporary outage(none to my knowledge on our side) the most obvious reason is a missing Internet connection. Or a proxy server and/or VPN on your local network is blocking the connection back to the PWS server. If you were on the convention center's public network, it's highly likely it was blocking access. That's a localized IT problem. Frequently this is also the problem when trying to download new Broadcast TV Data through the TV Wizard.

Thanks for that.  I tried my home office internet, and downloaded a new data file, put in my home zip code and downloaded a nearby scan.  No luck uploading a scan on either my office connection, or my cell phone hotspot.  And, should we take this conversation offline?

Thanks,

Mike

Cameron Stuckey

• New York City
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 07:17:48 PM »

Thanks for that.  I tried my home office internet, and downloaded a new data file, put in my home zip code and downloaded a nearby scan.  No luck uploading a scan on either my office connection, or my cell phone hotspot.  And, should we take this conversation offline?

Thanks,

Mike

We certainly can.
[email protected]

-Cameron
Professional Wireless

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 07:17:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.