ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoying 'clicking' interference on MG16  (Read 2368 times)

AdamTams

Annoying 'clicking' interference on MG16
« on: December 22, 2015, 10:45:37 AM »

Hi Guys,

We recently installed a new sound system into our college chapel, the kit is as follows.

Yamaha MG16/4 Desk
Behringer CX2310 Crossover
2 x the t.amp S-150 MK 2

On the 'stage' we have a variety of inputs from SM58's to a Roland Keyboard and a couple of guitars with DI inputs. We are using a Studio spares, PROFESSIONAL SNAKE 16/8 XLR - XLR 30M which has been fitted into the building, to get between the 'stage' and the desk.

We are using 4 x TC-Helicon Voicesolo FX150 as our powered foldback speakers.

On Aux 2 only, we get some bizarre static clicking type interference. This only exists when Auxiliary two is sent down the multi-core. Plugging a speaker directly in to Auxilary 2 does not replicate the issue. However if we move the same wire from the multi-core, with the same connector and the same speaker on the other end to Aux 1, 3 or 4 it does not replicate the problem with those outputs. Switching everything to zero on the auxiliary sends, and turning all the channels and outputs off and then, again, moving the same lead between the aux outputs, doesn’t replicate the problem in Aux 1, 3 or 4 either but it remains on Aux 2.

The problem wasn't replicated under testing by Studiospares (who we purchased the desk from) and the only thing that the chap from Studiospares can think is that something in the surroundings (an electrical lead crossing the multicore, for example) is reacting with a tiny fault on auxiliary 2 which isn’t noticeable under normal conditions, but I wondered if anyone else had had this problem at all?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links on here, but I've uploaded 3 seconds of the 'clicking' onto sound cloud here. https://soundcloud.com/adam-tams/clicking

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Adam

ProSoundWeb Community

Annoying 'clicking' interference on MG16
« on: December 22, 2015, 10:45:37 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.