ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Intercom recommendation anyone?  (Read 16915 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Wireless Intercom recommendation anyone?
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 03:05:46 PM »

How does that compare with the pricing of the UV-1G?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »

I respectfully disagree with this.

Several major events have recently involved large amounts of FS II (Baku, Comm. Games, to name but 2), and I quite regularly deploy it on a rental basis. It works very well indeed.

As with everything RF, you need to know your environment, but I wouldn't rule it out of a rental environment.

I agree, for the most part it works well, as long as you can do a site scan in advance and determine that the DECT spectrum is safe. 

Wait until you come across a venue with DECT phone service.  It will barely work then.  That is why I say for a rental house it is dangerous.  Of the dozen events we have used it on only 1 was a problem.  The DECT phone system prevented using FSII except for 4 beltpacks.  Luckily we had a full BTR system with us as well or the job would have been a failure.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 03:20:14 PM »

How does that compare with the pricing of the UV-1G?

Maybe Henry Cohen can provide a cost for the UV-1G.  I am sure it is more expensive.  Designed to be a 6 beltpack system the base is more.  The audio quality of the UV-1G is vastly superior to the DX410 even with the 7k BW.  Additionally UHF/VHF penetrates your venue well where as 2.4GHz does not.

But to compare the DX410 price was for 4 Beltpacks, Base, double batteries, charger with light weight headsets.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 07:39:38 PM »

Maybe Henry Cohen can provide a cost for the UV-1G.  I am sure it is more expensive.  Designed to be a 6 beltpack system the base is more.  The audio quality of the UV-1G is vastly superior to the DX410 even with the 7k BW.  Additionally UHF/VHF penetrates your venue well where as 2.4GHz does not.

But to compare the DX410 price was for 4 Beltpacks, Base, double batteries, charger with light weight headsets.

MSRP for a six drop UV-1G system with rechargeable batteries and charger is about $33k.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 07:50:37 PM »

I agree, for the most part it works well, as long as you can do a site scan in advance and determine that the DECT spectrum is safe. 

Wait until you come across a venue with DECT phone service.  It will barely work then.  That is why I say for a rental house it is dangerous.  Of the dozen events we have used it on only 1 was a problem.  The DECT phone system prevented using FSII except for 4 beltpacks.  Luckily we had a full BTR system with us as well or the job would have been a failure.

The 1.8/1.9GHz unlicensed PCS frequency band in Europe is quite different from that in the US, both in terms of allocated bandwidth (20MHz for the UK vs 10MHz in the US) as well as those adjacent channel spurious emissions spilling over into this unlicensed PCS band (ETSI standards versus FCC). As a result, the user experience and usability of FSII in the UK, and Europe on the whole, is probably significantly less troublesome, propagation issues of this high a frequency range and co-channel EMI/RFI (courtesy of your friendly neighborhood video department) notwithstanding.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Elliot Carroll

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2015, 06:37:18 PM »

Pete, where was the venue that had the DECT interference you experienced?  Just curious.  Also, anybody else know of any venues they have encountered where DECT phone service was in use and posed a problem for FS II?
Elliot Carroll
ESC Audio Services
Bend, Oregon

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 07:29:13 PM »

Pete, where was the venue that had the DECT interference you experienced?  Just curious.  Also, anybody else know of any venues they have encountered where DECT phone service was in use and posed a problem for FS II?

Nashville Convention Center.  Only 4 of our 20 FSII Beltpacks would log on.  As part of my RF San project I have been checking for DECT usage in other venues.  So far The NCC has the only phone system.  Several have had Cell-Com in use but since this is a previous variant of FSII they might co exist.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:03:49 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

josh allman

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2015, 10:53:19 PM »

Anyone know if the DX410 is shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2015, 10:53:19 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.