ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen-Heath dLIVE  (Read 6591 times)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Allen-Heath dLIVE
« on: December 14, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »

Does anyone have experience with this yet?

I'm looking for the ability to do 96 mic inputs. This rules out quite a few surfaces.  I can live with DM64 stage box, when I need the extra 32 I would rent it. 

This is budget driven (shocker...). The main thing is input channel count on the surface.  FX doesn't matter.

Anyone?  The surface would be S3000, so S3000 + DM64.  Price for this combination is $20-21K. 

TIA
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Peter Morris

Re: Allen-Heath dLIVE
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 08:47:16 PM »

Does anyone have experience with this yet?

I'm looking for the ability to do 96 mic inputs. This rules out quite a few surfaces.  I can live with DM64 stage box, when I need the extra 32 I would rent it. 

This is budget driven (shocker...). The main thing is input channel count on the surface.  FX doesn't matter.

Anyone?  The surface would be S3000, so S3000 + DM64.  Price for this combination is $20-21K. 

TIA

Yes I have had quite a bit of experience with the dLive.  In a word, it’s awesome.

It is probably the most intuitive, easy to drive board out there.  It has huge DSP power, lots of great sounding effects and excellent sound and build quality.

Here is a picture of Sunday’s gig.  dLive on monitors with 12 wedge sends and 12 stereo IEM sends for a total of 39 out with I think just over 64 in.

It was only the second time the Engineer had used the dLive – despite the complexity of this particular show he had no problems at all and raved about it the next day on Facebook.

In that mid-price point there is nothing else like it. It is one of the "next generation" of consoles just like the SL6 that was used for FOH.

With that many inputs I would suggest the 5000 surface. With the DM64 you actually get 72 in and 40 out (8 in and out on the surface)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:18:44 PM by Peter Morris »

Josh Voyles

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »

I've actually been taking a lot of interest in this setup. Allen and Heath seemed to have put out a great product for a great price. The only thing that makes me nervous is the size/weight of case.

Peter Morris

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 10:02:21 AM »

I've actually been taking a lot of interest in this setup. Allen and Heath seemed to have put out a great product for a great price. The only thing that makes me nervous is the size/weight of case.

The case is quite large compared to something like an iLiveT case. It’s because of the screen angle, but it does make it a delight to use.  Allen & Heath’s case is also expensive but there are other options.

You also have to remember how powerful it is – more than a Pro9, XL8, SD10, CL5, Avid Profile etc !

josh allman

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 10:02:39 AM »

I'm hoping to see this at NAMM next month while I'm there. It really does seem like they put together a very compelling solution.

Anyone got pricing on the S5000 and DM48? Sounds perfect for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 05:42:57 PM »

I'm hoping to see this at NAMM next month while I'm there. It really does seem like they put together a very compelling solution.

Anyone got pricing on the S5000 and DM48? Sounds perfect for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending you a pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »

We have the S7000 surface and also the DM48 stage box. We are dealers and ordered right after NAMM last year and have been waiting ever since. Was not disappointed at all, OMG the board is amazing. You can do so much and done so easily too. We did a overview of the surface and controls on our YouTube Channel  https://youtu.be/bXmDiUlUIMc
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.