Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Freespeak 2 & RTS

(1/1)

Neil White:
Hi all,

Has anyone got experience of interfacing freespeak 2 with rts two wire? I'm trying to interface a pair of channels, and as soon as they are connected the level of that channel on the two wire side drops by around half. It's definitely selected in RTS mode, and the auto nulling sequence makes no difference. There also seems to be some spurious pulsed  hf noise on the channel that is triggering the call light on the BP325s.

I have another pair of channels interfaced as 4w, and they are working perfectly.

Thanks,
Neil

Pete Erskine:

--- Quote from: Neil White on December 04, 2015, 04:17:25 PM ---Hi all,

Has anyone got experience of interfacing freespeak 2 with rts two wire? I'm trying to interface a pair of channels, and as soon as they are connected the level of that channel on the two wire side drops by around half. It's definitely selected in RTS mode, and the auto nulling sequence makes no difference. There also seems to be some spurious pulsed  hf noise on the channel that is triggering the call light on the BP325s.

I have another pair of channels interfaced as 4w, and they are working perfectly.

Thanks,
Neil

--- End quote ---

In the 2wire setting in FSII turn off the termination.

Neil White:

--- Quote from: Pete Erskine on December 04, 2015, 06:55:24 PM ---
In the 2wire setting in FSII turn off the termination.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Pete, had been working from the front panel and couldn't see that option. The unit also needed a firmware update. All sorted now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version