Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Wireless analog point-to-point: oddity in the specs

(1/3) > >>

Joseph D. Macry:
I've been considering using Listen Technology's assistive listening components to do point-to-point audio. Specifically purpose is to send a mix from a portable audio cart into an installed system in a Gym. There are no mic/line jacks so trying a wireless solution that is cheaper than Shure P9T-to-UR4+.

The oddity: Listen Tech's LT-800 transmitter and LR-100 receiver are available in 72MHz and 216MHz varieties. I assumed the 216MHz would have better specs. BUT: frequency response specs say
216 MHz - 60Hz to 10KHz (+/-3dB)
72 MHz - 50Hz to 15KHz (+/-3dB)

Whadya make of that?

Link to transmitter: http://www.listentech.com/shop/product/stationary-rf-transmitter-72mhz/

Scott Helmke:
Neither one is going to sound especially hifi - emphasis is on low cost and reliability, not sound quality. 

John Sulek:

--- Quote from: Joseph D. Macry on December 04, 2015, 10:03:00 AM ---I've been considering using Listen Technology's assistive listening components to do point-to-point audio. Specifically purpose is to send a mix from a portable audio cart into an installed system in a Gym. There are no mic/line jacks so trying a wireless solution that is cheaper than Shure P9T-to-UR4+.

The oddity: Listen Tech's LT-800 transmitter and LR-100 receiver are available in 72MHz and 216MHz varieties. I assumed the 216MHz would have better specs. BUT: frequency response specs say
216 MHz - 60Hz to 10KHz (+/-3dB)
72 MHz - 50Hz to 15KHz (+/-3dB)

Whadya make of that?

Link to transmitter: http://www.listentech.com/shop/product/stationary-rf-transmitter-72mhz/

--- End quote ---
more deviation allowed in the fm band would be first guess

Tim McCulloch:
I'd contact Listen and ask them.  As to any technical reasons, I'll leave that to Henry or the manufacturer but I'd guess that for listening assistance bottom and top octaves can be sacrificial as they don't significantly contribute to intelligibility.

David Sturzenbecher:
I am pretty sure what you are trying to do is also illegal. Those frequency bands are specially reserved for ADA hearing assistance. Proceed with caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version