ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless analog point-to-point: oddity in the specs  (Read 5817 times)

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Wireless analog point-to-point: oddity in the specs
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 12:49:49 PM »

I am pretty sure what you are trying to do is also illegal. Those frequency bands are specially reserved for ADA hearing assistance. Proceed with caution.

47CFR §95.1009:
(a) Auditory assistance communications (including but not limited to applications such as assistive listening devices, audio description for the blind, and simultaneous language translation) for:

(1) Persons with disabilities. In the context of the LPRS, the term “disability” has the meaning given to it by section 3(2)(A) of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
                       (42 U.S.C. 12102(2)(A)), i.e, persons with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of such individuals;
                  (2) Persons who require language translation; or
                  (3) Persons who may otherwise benefit from auditory assistance communications in educational settings.

A creative interpretation of these rules might include that getting the audio signal to a remote set of speakers assists those with hearing difficulties. That said, I think there is legitimate justification if the event were an educational conference. (Obligatory disclaimer: I am not an attorney. Consult yours for more prudent guidance.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:55:05 PM by Henry Cohen »
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 12:58:41 PM »

You are sending the sound to a GYM  :o ...what difference are those relatively minor differences going to really make?

I like my poor STIPA values full bandwidth.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 12:58:41 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.