ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha DSR112 vs Meyer UPM1-P  (Read 6782 times)

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
Re: Yamaha DSR112 vs Meyer UPM1-P
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 08:26:48 AM »

Maybe I need to clarify:
I'm looking for something smaller (lighter) than DSR112 (47#). I'm not unhappy with the functionality of the DSR for SOS or SOSOS work, not unhappy using them as monitors. But in my 'coffee-shop' application it's way more than I need and I'm looking for the ultimate small system. Yes I've considered DXR10 (32#) and DBR10 (23#) (haven't heard either) and this is a system I use 100 times a year. What might some other suggestions be? I'm not very concerned about price, looking for smaller but still high quality. I can also utilize the Meyers (21#) as front fills (I only need that a handful of times a year) but could never use the DXR or DBR that way. I was looking at a pair of ADRAUDIO u103 as well. Any other ideas?
You would also be well-served by looking at the UPJunior.  Greater output and smoother frequency response than the UPM, and still <30#.  Also it's a better comparison to the DXR since it's an actual compression driver instead of just a tweeter (UPM).

IMO, ABS boxes and real wood boxes are in different classes, period.  ABS resonates in ways that wood does not simply due to material density, regardless of how well the ABS is "reinforced".  Of course there's a weight tradeoff in the finished product, and every product has an application, but if sound quality is top on your list I wouldn't even consider an ABS product.

John L Nobile

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 08:36:28 AM »

I'd like to see if Danleys Go2 series would meet your needs but they don't seem to be ready for prime time yet.
I'm going to be needing small front fills soon and I hope they have something ready in the next few months.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »

I really like my little EV ZX1's!!!! I am using them right now for a corporate gig I have and they always impress. They are 8" 2 way speakers and weigh in at about 13lbs. There is a powered version of them that of course weighs a little more, but can't be beat for the money. They get plenty loud too. 
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »

I'd like to see if Danleys Go2 series would meet your needs but they don't seem to be ready for prime time yet.
I'm going to be needing small front fills soon and I hope they have something ready in the next few months.
I believe one model is shipping and demo units exist. A dealer should be able to get you a preliminary spec sheet...

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 12:57:11 PM »

I really like my little EV ZX1's!!!! I am using them right now for a corporate gig I have and they always impress. They are 8" 2 way speakers and weigh in at about 13lbs. There is a powered version of them that of course weighs a little more, but can't be beat for the money. They get plenty loud too.
I have a pair of Sx80s that I can't seem to part with.  I've used them for coffee shop gigs with a Gigrack, as front fills in a theatre, and as extra monitors on occasion.  Fortunately they don't take up much space.  If I found a deal on the powered ZX I'd trade them in.  Handy little buggers though, even if you have to bolt an adapter on to put them on sticks.  Not as strong as the DXR10s but they won't scare anyone and put out more sound than they think.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »

If you're looking at Meyer but want lower cost, the RCF TT is where I'd look first. 

The CDD Live from Martin look interesting, haven't heard them yet.   The DD6 over sub is very impressive for the size, cost is great but the powered sub with powered top output is pretty pricey. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Al Poulin

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 10:21:50 PM »

Maybe I need to clarify:
I'm looking for something smaller (lighter) than DSR112 (47#). I'm not unhappy with the functionality of the DSR for SOS or SOSOS work, not unhappy using them as monitors. But in my 'coffee-shop' application it's way more than I need and I'm looking for the ultimate small system. Yes I've considered DXR10 (32#) and DBR10 (23#) (haven't heard either) and this is a system I use 100 times a year. What might some other suggestions be? I'm not very concerned about price, looking for smaller but still high quality. I can also utilize the Meyers (21#) as front fills (I only need that a handful of times a year) but could never use the DXR or DBR that way. I was looking at a pair of ADRAUDIO u103 as well. Any other ideas?

Yorkville's NX10C is a very useful ultra compact active speaker that might work well for your application :

http://yorkville.com/loudspeakers/nx/product/nx10c/

Coaxial design sounds great up close and the fact that a speaker pole can go through it means you can place it on one of the stands holding up your mains. Very intersting little box. Got the chance to play with it last summer. Nice clarity in the mids and good top end too with a little EQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvAmKCJqAPg&feature=youtu.be

Al
Weaseling out of things is important to learn.  Its what separates us from the animals...except the weasel. - Homer Simpson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 10:21:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.