ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firing the Client Because They're Hard To Mix  (Read 16299 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Firing the Client Because They're Hard To Mix
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »

I have never heard of that one before.  Where do you get the 50Hz wave from?

Steve.
Set up the oscillator on the console to produce a 50 hz sine and then assign it to a channel.
This will be different for each console.
On the X32, you assign to a group then, from the channel select source option, that group as a source.
On an M7 and others, you might need to use an output, then hardwire that output to an input.
Anyway, on the channel with the sine, insert a gate and select the gate trigger source from the kick channel.
Set up gate parameters to suit what you want and adjust the freq of the sine to taste.
When the kick is hit, the gate on the sine channel opens an adds that tone.
You can get anything from a subtle addition the the original kick sound to a big loose "hip hop" kind of sound.
I have also considered the same idea for snare using pink noise....just for fun :)
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2015, 11:36:59 AM »

I have also considered the same idea for snare using pink noise....just for fun :)
For giggles one night, I used the kick gate to modulate the lead singers vocal,(Y-ed to two strips) and routed it to the keyboard wedge. (Keys hated the singer) No one else on stage realized what was going on, as the singer had his wedges smokin hot. Keys had no idea what was going on, other than he kept getting bursts of the one thing he couldn't stand. It was a blast having him try to explain to me what was "wrong" with his mix. When I let him off the hook, they all had a pretty good laugh. To this day, when I run across him, he opens with "That fukin wedge"
ahh. Good times, indeed.
Chris.

Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2015, 11:36:59 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.