ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL CBT50 vs Tannoy I9  (Read 2693 times)

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
JBL CBT50 vs Tannoy I9
« on: November 22, 2015, 05:23:26 PM »

Hi,

I am speccing a new speaker system for a church. The electronics system has already been pretty much decided (A BSS Soundweb system with all AKG gooseneck microphones).

The church in question is 55 feet long, 24 feet high, and eves are 20 feet high. Main application will be speech, with a little light music. Would normally have specced a pair of JBL CBT50 speakers, but a distributer has suggested a pair of Tannoy I9 speakers. Coming in at roughly the same price, and I like the sound of both. Which would you prefer/recommend?
Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: JBL CBT50 vs Tannoy I9
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »

Hi,

I am speccing a new speaker system for a church. The electronics system has already been pretty much decided (A BSS Soundweb system with all AKG gooseneck microphones).

The church in question is 55 feet long, 24 feet high, and eves are 20 feet high. Main application will be speech, with a little light music. Would normally have specced a pair of JBL CBT50 speakers, but a distributer has suggested a pair of Tannoy I9 speakers. Coming in at roughly the same price, and I like the sound of both. Which would you prefer/recommend?
Since speech is your main usage, I would suggest a CENTER speaker system for several reasons.

First it will be clearer than a "spaced pair" of speakers since your brain likes a single source of sound for speech-not multiple.

Second, it will pull the image to the center of the stage-which is where the people are likely to be.

In CHurches- my GO TO- is a center speaker that either covers the entire room or at least most of it.

If it does not cover the whole room-I add a couple of fill speakers for the seats down front on the left and right sides.

Of course any speaker system should be modeled for coverage.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: JBL CBT50 vs Tannoy I9
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.