ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cool Podcasts?  (Read 2885 times)

Keith Billik

Cool Podcasts?
« on: November 20, 2015, 11:49:21 PM »

Hey all,

I have a new job assignment that involves a decent amount of solitary desk work, and I've been listening to a ton of podcasts. Although I have a good list of interesting things to listen to, it would be cool to find something that would satisfy my live sound interests.

Anyone have good recommendations? I don't have anything super specific in mind; it could be gear or technique oriented, or interviews, etc. Ideally educational in some way would be great.

Much appreciated!

Lou Kohley

Re: Cool Podcasts?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 02:21:47 PM »

I've enjoyed Sound Design Live by Nathan Lively. The interviews are interesting especially the ones with Bob McCarthy.

LOU

Dave Scarlett

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 01:08:33 PM »

For recording interests I enjoy Warren Huart on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WarrenHuartRecording

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 04:22:29 PM »

Digging up this old thread.

A friend of mine started this podcast: https://www.beatsinabottle.com/letstalkaudio

It focuses on women and minorities in audio.

I'm slated to be a guest in the near future. Even though I'm a basic white guy. If you know some women/minorities in the field maybe point them to her. She clearly needs more guests if I'm going to be on it! lol
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 04:35:52 PM »

I've been liking:

"Don't Shit on the Bus" - it's geared more toward the beginner/newbie in the touring world, but some of the guests are interesting (like the owner of Killer Merch, and security legend Sully Sulivan)

"Radio Check - Life in the Concert Touring Industry" - they have some interesting guests; recently had Pooch as a guest.

"Pooch and Rabold" - goes without saying...

"Roadie Free Radio" - pretty entertaining; a number of my friends have been guests/featured on it.

And occasionally I'll listen to The Bob Lefsetz Podcast, if there's a guest or topic that seems like it might be interesting.

(and of course, a shameless plug for my own podcast, MixMasters; it's pretty pedestrian compared to the others, but it's been fun and it's a good way to pass the pandemic time)

Edit: I didn't realize this was such an old thread... :D Oh well; I'll leave my list just in case anyone is looking for something (potentially) new/different.

Landon Lewsaw

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 11:34:09 PM »

Chris Leonard's "How We Got Loud" is awesome if you're fascinated by the early days of tour sound and how the industry grew into what it is today.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 11:46:49 AM »

Not a podcast, but a weekly Zoom meeting:

https://www.aes.org/sections/pnw/ttt/  Send Dan an email and let him know you'll be joining and get on the email listserve.

Some of the people you'll recognize, like Dan Mortensen, Gordon McGregor, me (when I can attend), and some really friendly and knowledgeable joining as they are able.  Topics range from live audio to deep dives into recording (jazz, classical) - the techniques, the engineers and producers and studios... and things you'd not expect! 

If anyone needs a daily dose of AV and remote production discussion and Q&A, there is "Office Hours" https://officehours.global
It's live with replays on YooToob.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 05:52:18 PM »

Not a podcast, but a weekly Zoom meeting:

https://www.aes.org/sections/pnw/ttt/  Send Dan an email and let him know you'll be joining and get on the email listserve.

Some of the people you'll recognize, like Dan Mortensen, Gordon McGregor, me (when I can attend), and some really friendly and knowledgeable joining as they are able.  Topics range from live audio to deep dives into recording (jazz, classical) - the techniques, the engineers and producers and studios... and things you'd not expect! 

If anyone needs a daily dose of AV and remote production discussion and Q&A, there is "Office Hours" https://officehours.global
It's live with replays on YooToob.

I was about to recommend Office Hours, and AES sites are always worth a look.

Mac

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 11:03:12 AM »

Well Brian was kind enough to have me on the panel with some very esteemed folks.  I can't think of anything cooler than that.  Search "The Audio Opinion Show"
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 05:15:13 PM »

Well Brian was kind enough to have me on the panel with some very esteemed folks.  I can't think of anything cooler than that.  Search "The Audio Opinion Show"

"I'd never join a club that would allow the likes of me as a member" - Groucho Marx
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 05:15:13 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.