ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to automatic feedback elimination - how long to let notch filters run?  (Read 2674 times)

Bob Heimbichner

Hello,

Our church uses a Lectrosonics Aspen system.  Recently the youth band at one of the Masses created feedback, and I felt it was prudent to turn on the system's automatic feedback eliminator on all inputs.  The eliminator feature has a checkbox to automatically lift any notch filters that are created and the choice of timing is from 10 to 120 minutes.  Feedback is likely to be transitory.  I haven't found any tutorials for using this feature online and have an inquiry to the manufacturer, but I wondered if other churches use any similar feedback eliminators and if so, how long do you leave the notch filters in place?  I certainly want them cleared by the time the next service starts but is there any consensus on a general time before lifting them?  Many thanks, Bob

Irvin Pribadi

Re: New to automatic feedback elimination - how long to let notch filters run?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »

To me if the system has been ringed out already your feedback would typically be multiple frequencies and there's not much headroom left even with an auto feedback eliminator.
So even if whatever slight gain before feedback headroom left is wanted, then it would probably be specific to a certain key of a certain song passage, so I'd say 5 minutes is more than enough.
I had some usage on a cheap Behringer FBQ2496 and initially you can set to no lift so I can automatically see what freq it found to ring out using my EQ, once done then I set the lift to 2 minutes just as backup.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: New to automatic feedback elimination - how long to let notch filters run?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.