ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW KF300e, KF300i, KF360z  (Read 4191 times)

Irfan Samuel

EAW KF300e, KF300i, KF360z
« on: November 18, 2015, 08:33:22 PM »

Hello All,

I am newbee in this form, I am a small sound business owner and would like advise from the experts. Your advise and experience sharing will mean a lot to me. Also please ignore the unprofessional way of asking the questions.

I am using Peavey QW4 tops with Peavey QW218 lows for out door events. Tops are ran in full range and low is running through a crossover.
Amplifiers are the crest audio 8001 in stereo mode.

I can not afford to buy a new small line array. So I will need advise on how to chose and which one will serve me well.
 I would like to buy 08 Peavey 112 MKii. 04 per side. But i am also thinking to consider EAW KF300e series top. I have seen they are available on ebay on a reasonable prices.
I never heard either of these tops. Peavey MKii nor EAW KF300.     Please let me know which sounds better.
Also different thing i have came across in these two cabs is, KF300 is 06 ohms. Crest 8001 is rated for 2,4 or 6 ohms. So can these KF300 tops work fine with the Crest 8001?
Also Peavey offers 90 Degrees H by 15 Degrees V coverage pattern (per one cabinet).
EAW KF300e Nominal Coverage Angle / -6 dB points (degrees) Horizontal 90 Vertical 45.
I have also read in the KF300e Manuel that they are virtual array technology. what this means?

Please support every one and any one.

Thank you very much.
Irfan Samuel
Cell# 817-842-7301

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber