ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help setting up auvitran avy16-es100 on M7CL48 to record multi tracks to laptop  (Read 4057 times)

Tim Durham

I have taken over managing the soundboard at church and we have a Yamaha M7CL 48.  I have learned alot but have LOTS more to learn so I am not a guru.  I purchased an auvitran avy16-es100 card and installed it in the board.  I thought it would be as simple as install the card, install Dante Virtual Soundcard on my PC, connect a cat5 and go.  But that is far from the case.

Can anyone provide a link to some baby step directions on what has to be done to connect my laptop to the M7CL to record all the individual tracts of our band instruments and vocals?  I have installed a trial of Mixcraft 7.  I have firmware 3.56 on the M7.

I am also trying to figure out how to simply record the main output (ie 2 channel) to a USB stick.  There is NO record option when I put the USB stick in but I have read online where you are supposed to be able to record an MP3 file to the USB drive very easily.  I want to record the sermons and give the USB stick to the lady who will upload it to the website.

Any help with either of these 2 issues will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Tim

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:43:32 PM by timmyd »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »

I have taken over managing the soundboard at church

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio

I have taken over managing the soundboard at church and we have a Yamaha M7CL 48.  I have learned alot but have LOTS more to learn so I am not a guru.  I purchased an auvitran avy16-es100 card and installed it in the board.  I thought it would be as simple as install the card, install Dante Virtual Soundcard on my PC, connect a cat5 and go.  But that is far from the case.

Can anyone provide a link to some baby step directions on what has to be done to connect my laptop to the M7CL to record all the individual tracts of our band instruments and vocals?  I have installed a trial of Mixcraft 7.  I have firmware 3.56 on the M7.

I am also trying to figure out how to simply record the main output (ie 2 channel) to a USB stick.  There is NO record option when I put the USB stick in but I have read online where you are supposed to be able to record an MP3 file to the USB drive very easily.  I want to record the sermons and give the USB stick to the lady who will upload it to the website.

Any help with either of these 2 issues will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Tim

Tim,
Welcome to PSW.   The Auvitran AVY16-es100 card talks ethersound.   This networked audio protocal did not really reach much widespread use outside of a couple Yamaha products.   Ethersound is not Dante, so Dante Virtual Sound Card will not work.   You should have picked up the Dante-MY16-AUD Yamaha Card instead.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

John P. Farrell

Unless it has changed since I was seeing M7's regularly, this console does not offer USB recording capability.  The LS9, QL, CL and TF do offer this feature in Yamaha's line up. 

JF
FOH/PM Blackberry Smoke

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.