ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: freq coordination training  (Read 5400 times)

steve shepard

freq coordination training
« on: November 12, 2015, 04:10:48 PM »

Hi,
   I'm new to the community. I've been working in the industry for 28 years and want to get more proficient with RF spectrum management for live events. Are there any good classes, seminars, etc out there that are good at getting people like me up to speed? I've already done Axient training from Shure and a few other things.
Thanks

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: freq coordination training
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 04:37:41 PM »

Hi,
   I'm new to the community. I've been working in the industry for 28 years and want to get more proficient with RF spectrum management for live events. Are there any good classes, seminars, etc out there that are good at getting people like me up to speed? I've already done Axient training from Shure and a few other things.
Thanks

For some background and a simple book on the process go to

http://www.bestaudio.com/rf-coordination/

Also see:

http://www.bestaudio.com/spectrum-scans

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:39:55 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 04:39:42 PM »

Hi,
Thanks

Pete Erskine, one of the moderators of this forum has some very informative online resources. On his website he has a good set of instructions, and on this site he has posted a couple of videos showing how to actually do it in Shure's Wireless Workbench and Professional Wireless's IAS that are "stickied" at the top of the first page of the RF forum.

Mac

oops, Pete got in while I was typing

steve shepard

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 12:02:46 PM »

Pete Erskine, one of the moderators of this forum has some very informative online resources. On his website he has a good set of instructions, and on this site he has posted a couple of videos showing how to actually do it in Shure's Wireless Workbench and Professional Wireless's IAS that are "stickied" at the top of the first page of the RF forum.

Mac

oops, Pete got in while I was typing

Gents,
    Thanks for the information. I will definitely check them the pages out. So, it sounds like there is no "certification" type of thing. I am planning on looking into the FCC license process since the company I work for has about 100 ch of UHF mics, several wireless comm systems, etc. I think that we are at a point where even medium sized corporate events need someone on site who can manage all this. My hope was that there was some sort of formalized training/certification that I could site when dealing with venues and clients.
Thanks again,
Shep

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 02:26:27 PM »

Gents,
    Thanks for the information. I will definitely check them the pages out. So, it sounds like there is no "certification" type of thing. I am planning on looking into the FCC license process since the company I work for has about 100 ch of UHF mics, several wireless comm systems, etc. I think that we are at a point where even medium sized corporate events need someone on site who can manage all this. My hope was that there was some sort of formalized training/certification that I could site when dealing with venues and clients.

This is about as close to certificated course you'll find, although Sennheiser does provide a nifty little gift bag at the end of their comprehensive RF Academy.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

steve shepard

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 02:44:51 PM »

This is about as close to certificated course you'll find, although Sennheiser does provide a nifty little gift bag at the end of their comprehensive RF Academy.
Thanks! I don't think I can make this one but I'll keep an eye out for the next one.

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 11:47:01 PM »

Hi,
Thanks
Check out Syn Aud Con's upcoming "Making Wireless Work" seminar:

http://www.prosoundtraining.com/site/making-wireless-work-workshop/

I haven't attended but I've heard good things about the class, and instructors.

Philip

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 11:47:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.